GM Volt Forum banner

Installed Weathertech side window visors today!

9K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  JuneBug 
G
#1 · (Edited)
I've been running these Weathertech visors on my other vehicle for years now, and decided they are a must have for the Volt. In this area the summer heat (which has already started) is unbearable so many folks roll their windows down slightly to allow a little ventilation in the cabin. Unfortunately, this area is also known for its scattered showers that seem to pop up without notice. So with these visors, I can keep the windows down an inch or so to allow the heat to escape from the interior without worrying about rainwater ruining the leather seats. Took me about 10 minutes to install, and they fit tight and secure in the window frame. After running the windows up and down a couple of times, they seated properly and made themselves right at home. I got the light tint visors, they are also available in a darker tint. These are top quality and well worth the price.

See less See more
#5 ·
G
#6 ·
That last picture shows my charging spot at work--in the back of the building by the loading docks. Only a 120V outlet, but at 12 amps it's fully charged by the end of my shift. The big boss gave me permission to use the company's electricity, so I'm taking advantage of it!

#7 ·
Those visors look good! I purchased the Weather Tech rear license plate frame in glossy black (the model frame without the clear plastic license plate cover) for my 2017 Volt. While the frame is made of plastic I am very satisfied with the durability after two years and more than 50 times running my Volt through a car wash. The frame includes a variety of mounting hardware for different vehicles and even has drain holes in the snap-in pieces that cover the holes for the mounting hardware.

#8 ·
Any effect on wind noise, windows up or down?

#11 ·
I've been running these Weathertech visors on my other vehicle for years now, and decided they are a must have for the Volt. In this area the summer heat (which has already started) is unbearable so many folks roll their windows down slightly to allow a little ventilation in the cabin. Unfortunately, this area is also known for its scattered showers that seem to pop up without notice. So with these visors, I can keep the windows down an inch or so to allow the heat to escape from the interior without worrying about rainwater ruining the leather seats. Took me about 10 minutes to install, and they fit tight and secure in the window frame. After running the windows up and down a couple of times, they seated properly and made themselves right at home. I got the light tint visors, they are also available in a darker tint. These are top quality and well worth the price.

#12 ·
I bought a set and have an issue where the driver window on the auto-up will sometimes bounce back down when hitting the top. I'm going to spray some silicone spray along the groove they seat into to see if it'll make a difference.

And yes, the car will not be as hot as mentioned but you do still get dust into the car so expect to be wiping the inside more often than before.

I will say that I think I'm getting less buffeting as the visors come down to the top of the door and direct the air away from the window opening so that's a plus.

#15 ·
I found that I had to sand about 3 mm off the bottom of the front set - where it rests on the top of the door window sill. It's too long and, being forced up too tightly makes the piece along the A-pillar bend and constrict window motion. Very disappointed with that and the fact that they arrived pre-scratched from the factory. The rears are fine.

Overall, in spite of the numerous ads touting WeatherTech quality, I've had to sent stuff back multiple times over the years.

#13 ·
I thought that was what A/C was for! For wind in your hair, I have a TR7 Spider. Best of both worlds.

#19 ·
Yeah, I may have been just a little pissed and taken off a bit too much. :)

The Volt has been out for ages - wonder why this problem exists? One would think that they would have figured it out by now.

#20 ·
… and of course I went and jinxed myself as it's bounced back down the 2 times I tried today after not for over a week. :confused:

Going to spray some silicone along the guide so it's a smoother entry.

#23 ·
I uploaded the photos again, as it seems they were deleted from the server:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet volt Chevrolet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.