GM Volt Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 15 Results
  1. Accessories, Apps, Modifications - Gen 1 Volt
    For iPhone Volt owners... A new release of MyVoltControl (1.4.0) adds a little color. I noticed that it was hard to tell how well App Hold mode was working as far as maintaining the desired SOC. Trying to interpolate numbers while driving was ... hard. So I added a gauge showing “relative SOC”...
  2. Generation 1 Chevy Volt (2011-2015)
    I bought my '13 Volt two months ago and I've put about 2,000 miles on it with less than 9 gallons of gas. I would like to take a longer trip, maybe Yellowstone (258 miles) or Boulder,CO (550 miles). I've got other cars, and a motor cycle. I'm wondering how the trip would go. Here are my...
  3. Problems, Driver Warnings or DTCs - Gen 2 Volt
    I recently encountered a strange heating problem with my Volt. I like to start in electric (Normal) mode, switch over to gas (Hold mode) when I hit the four lane highway after about 25 minutes, and then back to electric when I get off the highway twenty minutes after that. As soon as I drop...
  4. New Member Introductions
    This is a newbie question. When driving in Hold mode freeway merging seems to be down on power. Does Hold mode limit the car to using only the 55 kw/ 74 hp generator motor for propulsion? That would explain the sluggishness when merging in Hold mode. Maybe a better strategy would be to...
  5. Generation 2 Chevy Volt (2016-2019)
    I have had my 2017 Volt for less than 2 weeks, about 300 EV miles, and in anticipation of a long road trip this coming weekend, I decided I should run on ICE power for part of my commute to make sure the ICE worked OK. I selected HOLD mode in my driveway before setting out, but watching the...
  6. Generation 1 Chevy Volt (2011-2015)
    Hello, Had a thought. I love my 2012 Volt. Except during these cold Denver winters my range is tanked from 44 in the summer to 28 now. I like the idea of hold mode when it's really cold out to help heat the cabin without totally trashing my range. So..... If he car is on and he hood is popped...
  7. New Member Introductions
    Occasionally there will be the odor of engine coolant inside my 2013 Volt when driving in HOLD mode. On cold days it occurs sporadically with the climate control in Comfort/AUTO mode and the temperature set to 74° after switching from NORMAL to HOLD while merging onto the freeway, accelerating...
  8. New Member Introductions
    Hello everyone. I have had my 2014 volt for a year now and am still in love. I do have a question, which is why I joined - and I was unable to post the question to the Volt section. I was just wondering if it is BAD for the volt engine to drive in HOLD mode and go up steep/long inclines. I went...
  9. Generation 1 Chevy Volt (2011-2015)
    Hello everyone, I'm new here - we just got a 2014 Volt! Tonight we are planning on driving from Portland to Bend Oregon for a weekend of skiing. I calculated the cost of driving our Volt vs driving our Tacoma. It was $25 vs $97 for the roundtrip, including two drives from Sunriver -> Mt...
  10. Generation 1 Chevy Volt (2011-2015)
    A couple of weeks ago a passed around the idea of reprogramming the Mountain Mode to serve as a suedo Hold Mode for MY2012. With no luck I am on to a simpler solution of running a wire to the hood switch so I can enable the ICE manually. This is simple enough. My question is, what effect does...
  11. Generation 1 Chevy Volt (2011-2015)
    I'm the owner of a 2012 Volt and I do not have access to the "Hold mode". After many readings in these forums, sorry if I missed the info, I understand that switching to Mountain mode at a certain time could recharge the battery by swiching to the fuel engine and later by switching back to a...
  12. Generation 1 Chevy Volt (2011-2015)
    I am ready to upgrade from my Prius to a Volt but need some assurances that the Volt will perform well for my weekend jaunts to the mountains. Currently I drive my Prius from Denver to Arapahoe Basin and/or our condo in Silverthorne almost every weekend in the winter and less often in the...
  13. Generation 1 Chevy Volt (2011-2015)
    Hi everyone - taking the Volt on a road trip, about 500 miles each way. Should be able to do at least some limited charging when we get to our destination, but obviously not much on the road (might hit a Cracker Barrel though). What's the best strategy for maximizing fuel economy - should I...
  14. Software & Programming/Code - Chevy Volt
    I have notified Onstar / Volt Advisor / Chevrolet Support regarding the following 2013 Hold button issue. They are working with engineering on it and will get back to me. When ever I switch from normal to hold mode to force the engine on (normally up steep hills) and switch back to normal...
  15. Chevy Volt Engineering and Design
    This question could be really silly as I might be missing something, but why do we need a hold mode if the engine is running at a constant RPM already? The idea behind hold mode is that if you have, say, 5 miles EV range left in the battery while driving on the highway and you know you will hit...
1-15 of 15 Results