GM Volt Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-10 of 10 Results
  1. Use, Care & Maintenance - Gen 1 Chevy Volt
    Any of the very knowledgeable engineers \ Volt owners with drivetrain knowledge know if its OK to drive on Low + Sport when running on gas? Low + Sport is awesome :D, it feels like a completely different car, my wife has a fancy (to me) 6 cylinder 280+ HP Lexus ES and the Volt feels just as...
  2. Problems, Driver Warnings or DTCs - Gen 1 Volt
    I recently purchased a 2014 Volt. The battery seems to work fine however I don't think I have seen its full potential being that here in KC, MO we are in the dead of winter. When fully charged it estimates 31 miles. I am hoping that estimation it higher with warmer weather however the battery...
  3. Chevy Volt News, Reviews & Events
    Hi, started getting the message to "replace battery in key fob" last week. I replaced both batteries Tuesday night with brand new Duracell batteries. Still get the message every time we get in the car. How do I clear the message? Thanks, Tim.
  4. Chevy Volt Engineering and Design
    This might be addressed elsewhere, but I can't find it. When you shift from "D" to "L" (or vice versa) what exactly is the change? I assume it's a mechanical change of some kind (as opposed to an electrical change) since there is a noticable change in drag when shifting to "L" while coasting.
  5. Generation 1 Chevy Volt (2011-2015)
    So, I had an interesting thing happen to me this week. I got a ticket in the Volt because I was driving in Low and using regeneration to slow down for a stop light and not using the brake pedal much. The cop that pulled me over asked if there was anything wrong with the brakes in the car and I...
  6. Chevy Volt Buying/Selling Tax Credit & Fees
    Does anyone know: Can we/dealer order the low emissions package Volt outside of CA/NY? There is always a chance I'd need to move to CA for my job - I'd be upset if I spent money on the car but did not get the HOV lane allowed version. Thanks!
  7. Generation 1 Chevy Volt (2011-2015)
    When I think of Low gear ("L"), I think in the traditional sense--a low gear ratio with limited speed. With the Volt, I like using L for regeneration. I'm becoming addicted. So, is there a top-speed when driving in L, or is it the same top speed I would get if driving in "D"?
  8. Suggestions for GM - Chevy Volt
    Add an accelerometer to detect when the Volt is slowing due to driving in "Low mode" and make the brake lights turn on. (In addition to when pressing the brake pedal.) Kinda the same way as we don't have a "gas pedal" any more, the "brake lights" should be called "deceleration lights".
  9. Generation 1 Chevy Volt (2011-2015)
    I could not find a poll on driving in Low, so what the heck... Here goes! And for your reading pleasure, this may be the best post I've ever read on the subject, because it has real data and great graphs...
  10. Generation 1 Chevy Volt (2011-2015)
    During my dealership delivery training I ask the question if they knew if I could coast down hill in low with the cruise control set to the speed limit and maintain the speed set without touching the breaks. They did not know since maybe cruise costing in low would be seen as applying the...
1-10 of 10 Results