GM Volt Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-13 of 14 Results
  1. Problems, Driver Warnings or DTCs - Gen 2 Volt
    I have a 2017 Volt. When I open the car door it starts to click. It stops when I press on the brake. Sometimes I notice it starts again when I take my foot off the brake. It may happen all the time when I'm not on the brake but I think unless I'm listening for it I wouldn't notice with other...
  2. Generation 2 Chevy Volt (2016-2019)
    Figured I'd write something up to recap my past three years of ownership surpassing 50k miles. Electric Around Town, Gas On Long Trips For those who are unfamiliar with the basics of the Volt, the Chevy Volt is a plug-in hybrid (PHEV) with 53 miles of electric range and 300+ miles of gas...
  3. New Member Introductions
    Just want to say Hi to all of you Volt lovers. I have not been this excited about a new car in a long time. I would have loved to have had a Volt back in my commuting days. All our around town driving is now on electric. Last month we traveled 375 mi. around town and used 80 KWh for a total of...
  4. New Member Introductions
    After almost 8 months and about 10,000 miles, I finally swapped out the GFCI outlet that I'd been using to charge my 2017 Volt. Replacing it with a normal outlet has completely eliminated the sporadic and annoying habit it used to have of intermittently interrupting the charging due to a "ground...
  5. Generation 2 Chevy Volt (2016-2019)
    Whiteline has a listing for a rear anti-sway bar for Chevy Volt, 2011 - ON. (Part#BHR93). I'd really like to put one on my 2017 VOLT, but I'm not sure that it will fit. I contacted Whiteline support in US - and between two people, one told me that it would fit, and the other said that it would...
  6. Generation 2 Chevy Volt (2016-2019)
    Some of the explainers and videos on the drive system for Gen2 have mentioned an "overdrive" mode in extended range, but there was no real explanation of what it is. Couldn't tell if this was simply when the ICE directly connects to the drive gear, or something else going on. Anyone out there...
  7. Generation 2 Chevy Volt (2016-2019)
    I bought my new 2017 Chevy Volt from Martin Chevrolet in Torrance, CA, on July 11, 2016. 831 miles later the battery won't charge and it's been in the shop since July 19. Service has given four different attempted fixes for the electrical system, which won't charge the battery. The final dx is a...
  8. Generation 2 Chevy Volt (2016-2019)
    Hi Everyone, This is my first post in these forums, but I've been getting information about Chevy Volts for some time. I'm in the process of getting a used 2014/2015 Volt or a new 2017 Volt. I'm getting the Volt within 5 weeks and I've been researching both G1 and G2 Volts. The G1 Volt...
  9. New Member Introductions
    Upon visiting the Chevrolet.com site, I stumbled upon a new color option never seen before. Lots has been talked about Citron Green Metallic, but this new color seems to have slipped under the radar - Pepperdust Metallic. I assume it's kind of a brownish gray. How does it look on the car...
  10. Accessories, Apps, Modifications - Gen 2 Volt
    Just thought 2017 Volt owners might like to see what I had done to my new Volt.
  11. Chevy Volt News, Reviews & Events
    Any indication as to when Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) will be available for order on 2017 Volts? The local dealerships still claim that you can't pre-order 2017 Volts at all, but I want to have my ducks in a row for when they decide to sell to me. This is a must-have feature for us, as we do...
  12. Generation 2 Chevy Volt (2016-2019)
    Hi Folks, I was just checking the IRS website for the listing of the $7500 tax credit (30D). It was just updated on 11/04 and did not have the 2016 Volt listed. It did have the 2016 Spark EV listed and that was not there prior to the 11/04 update. Does anyone know if we will have the tax...
  13. Generation 2 Chevy Volt (2016-2019)
    Hi Folks, Anyone heard if there will ever be a sunroof or a panoramic roof as an option for the Volt? If not ever and someone can explain why, I would be much obliged. Thank You
1-13 of 14 Results