GM Volt Forum banner

Spark-EV

15K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  truckboy 
#1 ·
I think from the discussions in the old forum that we are all pretty convinced this company is a scam, but I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about these guys. I know Ed was trying to get a test drive, did anything come of that?

#2 ·
I think the general conclusion was that it was a scam. No one has any proof that this guy has actually sold one of his EV's or that he even makes them. I have sent him emails and I recieve updates in my email about his website regularly but he doesnt seem to answer any questions about his vehicles. I find it extremely frustrating since I would love to have an EV with the specs he lists on his site.

#3 ·
Spark-EV is most certainly a scam. Check out what happenned to their authorized distributor "Electric Transportation of Arkanas". Read that story posted only a day or two ago. Those folks got ripped off big time. This guy has no cars, and no actual business. He gets people to send him money for a car, never delivers the product, and then waves bye-bye. Check out their website. http://www.etarkansas.com
http://www.etarkansas.com

#7 ·
Mr. Papp

How does someone like that sleep at night?

I received an e-mail from him just a few days ago saying that I could buy the Dragon or the Qilin or the Zotye NOW as a low speed vehicle because it does not have the NHTSA safety ratings yet. And then he hinted that the low speed limiter could be bypassed because "what I do with the vehicle once its in my hands is my business". Saying that NHTSA certification is only a few months away.

WHAT IF SOMEONE WAS KILLED BECAUSE HIS CARS COULD NEVER EVEN COME CLOSE TO MEETING NHTSA REQUIREMENTS LIKE ALL OTHER CHINESE MADE CARS.

Oh yeah! There are no cars...

Bad man...very bad man!

#9 · (Edited)
Family?

I know the father and let me assure you, he has nothing to do with these problems. I have known the father for 50 years and he is the most honest man you could know. I do not know the son or the sons wife, so I can't give you an opinion on them. I am posting here because I saw a post on another thread attacking his wife and father. Thats not right.

#10 ·
Post from another site...

Quietone-

I think the people and the administrator on this web site have more class than that. We all know that Michael Papp is innocent till proven guilty...and believe me when I say that we all followed his electric car company closely and we really wanted it to be real.

I would like to believe this is all a missunderstanding...

I feel for his family and if they were not involved, they'll likely get no grief here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.