GM Volt Forum banner

Chevy Drive Event Volt Test Drive North Texas

6K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Rusty 
#1 ·
We just had a great day checking out what Chevy has to offer. They had a test drive event travel through Dallas Fort Worth TX. We thought it was pretty well put together and lines were reasonable given Saturday afternoon. The very cold 25 mph winds made it less fun and therefore we didn't push to test Camaro and Vettes, but did have to test the Cruze as a requirement by them before driving the Volt. There were atleast 9 Volts and 6 were being used for test drives. This was our second time to see a Volt in person and the first time to test drive one. We actually went through the line twice hehehehe. Unlike all of the other test drive cars, they wouldn't let you take the Volt out without one of their people with you. However, we were able to test it in mixed traffic unlike all the other parking lot limited test cars. As previously stated by others here, I knew to look at the VINs to see which were production ones and pre-production versions. Some were easy to tell without the VINs because of the interior differences. All had leather and most had white centers, but one had dark center and white gear shift!! The production units were all numbered in the 520s that I could find. Since we have been declined for the lease, we have to decide if we will just buy or wait. After seeing it and test driving, our plan is still to purchase. In a way, I would have preferred a parking lot run because you would atleast have some turns. It was mainly normal 1/2 straight runs and turn around, so can't speak that much on heaving breaking and body roll.

I will post some pictures here.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You can see the different shifter
The bumps in the back seat (never saw those with 30k+ miles on our Acuras)
The rear cargo/trunk view from the backseat (close!)

Attachments

#3 ·
As others have stated, the back doors inside should match the inserts on the front doors. Still pretty nice.

Attachments

#4 ·
More of the same...

Attachments

#5 ·
The Volt inside with the charger in action. NOTICE ANYTHING MISSING ON THIS VOLT?? I took a couple of pictures of the seams in the front doors of number 520 because others have commented on the gaps. We got to play with the controls, seats, plug in charger, etc..

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
Here is a picture of the other front door seam so you can compare. A bonus picture for closure.. Guessed what was missing on the Volt in the previous set of pictures?? That's right, a NAKED front end at the bottom! No one we spoke with could tell us why there was no scoop/airdam/curb gard/front hanging down drag damper/skirt/whatever that part is...

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
All had skirts except the one they had in the heated tent. I would say 2-3 were likely pre-production as they were 9988 ending VINs for example, but the others were low range 520 numbered units. I didn't get to see the VINs on all of them. We visited the tent last, so it is possible another one was missing one, but really don't think so as we were looking at the 2 others parked as well as the 6 being driven. We were at the event for about 3 hours and only short times in line to drive the Cruze and Buick Regal before the Volt. They required the Cruze drive and one other car first, so pretty smart on their part.

#9 ·
All had skirts except the one they had in the heated tent.
If all (or most) of them were skirtless I'd say its because they don't care about range/mileage (and they really don't need to much for the demo fleet). But they might care about first experience test drives with the skirt dragging all the time.

If it's just the one car, maybe the skirt was damaged somewhere and they were awaiting a replacement skirt?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.