GM Volt Forum banner

CA HOV Sticker Question/Help Needed!

6K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Upcountry 
#1 ·
So, I picked up my CA HOV Volt yesterday. So excited, after waiting so long for it!

For anybody who is ahead of me on this - here's my question on the HOV Sticker: The application asks for the license plate number in order to apply, not just the VIN.

Can I use the temporary numbers the dealer gave me that go on my windshield? Or do i have to wait for the actual license plates to come, and then apply?

Given that i've heard it can take up to 8 weeks for the plates, then another 30 days for the form to process - am i looking at potentially another 3 months before the HOV sticker?

Has anyone completed this process yet who can share some info?

#2 ·
You need the license plate #. However, the dealership can get it for you once they've processed the change of ownership with the DMV. That's actually what I'm waiting on from my dealer as well.

Once you have the plate #, you can apply for the HOV sticker. And at that point you're in the DMV's hands. :)

- Mark

#10 ·
I just got my green HOV stickers in this past Friday. It only took ten days from the time I mailed in the form-- I couldn't believe how quick it was. Of course, it took almost 60 days for me to get my plates in. I actually had my personalized plates waiting at the DMV ("ONE VOLT") and they wouldn't give them to me until my original plates came in.

The green stickers go really well with the Volt. I think it helps point out to people that the Volt isn't just another vehicle on the road.

Ron

Volt 1: White 2012 #4038 “VOLT EDG”
Volt 2: Crystal Red 2012 # 15079 “ONE VOLT”

#11 ·
This thread has been inactive for a while, but here is my experience.

I mailed in the check and application to DMV and about a week later went on vacation for about 2 weeks. Upon arriving back home and going through old mail I received a letter from the DMV along with my check. Seems the dealer, Fairfield Chevrolet, had put down the power mode code as an E instead of a Q on the registration.

The DMV required me to get a Statement of Fact from the dealer with a correction and resubmit. I did as they requested and sent it all back on July 2 (priority mail). As of this date, July 10, I have heard nothing. Hope that the dealers mistake doesn't involve the application going through extra bureaucratic hoops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.