GM Volt Forum banner

New Volt Ad on TV

8K views 17 replies 18 participants last post by  MinnesotaWT 
#1 ·
Holy Shamoley! Cancel that grumbling about GM ignoring the Volt. Here in S. Cal a new Volt spot appeared immediately following the NBC Nightly News, which precedes the Olympic Opening Ceremonies by 30 min., so the audience must be large. And it's a good ad for a change. Go Team Volt!

#5 ·
I was just going to ask that. I couldn't find anything NEW as of a few minutes.

#6 ·
Wow, spot on GM! About time!! Destroy a (still) common misconception in a clever and catchy way, then empasize the savings/convenience.

I have a list of 6 more common misconceptions and ~half dozen benefits, GM if you are listening, please PM me and we can work on this series together haha ;)

#8 · (Edited)
That is the best Volt ad yet. It informs (900 miles between fill ups), explains (gasoline powered comes on seamlessly), entertains (young child sees steer skulls and is warned of snakes), and sells ("The New Freedom").

Great job Chevrolet!

Here is the Chevrolet YouTube channel:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/Chevrolet?feature=watch[/video]

#12 · (Edited)
Well done. It's a difficult task to sell a car with a split personality in only 30 seconds, but in that short amount of time we learned no less than three important things -

1/ the Volt is electric
2/ a gas generator keeps it going after battery dies out
3/ owners get 900 miles on a tank of gas.

The 900 mile remark is good, but its impact is diluted by the fact that those miles are determined by the size of the gas tank as well as the efficiency of the engine. A stronger message would have been to say 'the average owner drives XXX miles for every gallon of gas they use'. Of course, those miles are determined by how often the car can drive electrically, but HEY! That's precisely the main virtue of the Volt!!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the way to sell the split personality Volt - primarily sell the Volt's frugal usage of gas....secondarily give credit to the Volt's EV capabilities and benefits.

#13 ·
...now will they run it anywhere besides CA? In FL, I have seen extensive Cruze commercials, including Cruze Diesel. Please, if you live outside CA and see this Volt ad run on TV, report it here. I do like the commercial, but if you only air it in the ONE place where you had no difficulty selling it in the first place, it does little good.

...waiting in FL

#16 ·
I hope to see a series of these ads, each picking a misconception and debunking it. They'll still have to quote the EPA numbers of course, but now they can tell the public our stories (which sounds pretty incredible to the uninformed) and use 3 years' worth of real world data to back them up when the haters start in on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.