myvolt.com issues
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: myvolt.com issues

Default myvolt.com issues

Anyone else seeing issues contacting the Volt when you 1st log in?

For about a week now, every time I log in, after the 2-3 minute log-in/info retrieval time, it tells me it is unable to contact my Volt, if I click try again, 2 minutes later it loads just fine.
    2011 Silver Volt # 3945 arrived home 6/3/11

As of 5/26/12
    Electric Miles:13,365
    Gas Miles:373
    Total Miles:13,738
    Percentage on Electric:97.3%
    Fuel Economy:1,098 MPG
    Electric Economy:28 kW-hr/100 miles
    Combined Economy:xxx MPGe
    Gallons Fuel Saved:916 gal verses my Jeep Liberty
    Est. CO2 Avoided:9,111 lbs

Worked fine for me this AM. (other than no efficiency data yet).
    Update: Just tried it (9:40MDT) and the initial contact did time out. Second one did
    (Maybe the test earlier was similar but I did not really notice the first timeout as I'm used to things timing out).
    Last edited by tboult; 11-02-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    BoultVolt Red 2011 #3745Hidden Content More freedom than electric.
    Personal best, Hidden Content

While I'm moderator my job there is to delete spam. To be clear, in my posts I'm speaking as myself. These views are my own and don't represent this board, my university, employer,etc.

Works a lot better than MyVolt.ca from the sounds of it.... they still don't have that running yet.
    2012 Volt Topaz Blue Metallic C4773!! aka HAL

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Default Onstar MyVolt.com and iPhone RemoteLink 216 Error - Unable to establish communication

Funny, I was about to start a similar thread. My RemoteLink iPhone app and Myvolt.com both stopped working last week, same problem - won't connect to vehicle. Unfortunately for me, it didn't matter how many times I tried, it wouldn't connect. The iPhone app gave me error code 216, unable to connect to vehicle. The website just said unable to connect, but no error code. The phone error screen said to drive the car and try again, which I did several times. I finally called Onstar today and spoke with tech support. They said the problem was the data in Volt was "unavailable", not exactly sure what that means? I asked him what caused the data to become unavailable and he said after each drive cycle the car creates a dataset which Onstar accesses, but that it had failed and needed to be reset (gotta love software). He reset my data, which took a few minutes, then instructed me to cycle my car by doing the following steps:
    1) Turn off engine
    2) Open door for 20-30secs
    3) Close door and turn on engine for 1-2min to allow the ignition data cycle to complete

After doing this I tried and now both my RemoteLink and MyVolt.com are working again. Thought I'd share in case anyone else experiences this issue.

I have to say that I love being able to monitor my charge status remotely and be notified if my charge is interrupted or complete. And the remote lock/unlock and start/horns 'n lights are great too. Other than that for me the other Onstar services are of little interest (i.e. turn by turn directions, etc.). The crash response is nice too, just look at faz's experience with Volt 187. All that said, I'm not sure I would pay $15 a month just for the remote access capabilities when my 3yr subscription expires (which I hear is the cheapest option currently available). I hope Onstar will make a lower cost option for people who just want access to RemoteLink and MyVolt.com. I personally think $50 a year for this service would be a fair price.

-JT
    Volt C-5274 Delivered 10/16/2011 | See my Hidden Content | Find me at Hidden Content

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by wainair View Post
    Works a lot better than MyVolt.ca from the sounds of it.... they still don't have that running yet.
    It sucks indeed.

I just started having the same problem. Do I need to contact OnStar to have them do the "reset" or can I just do the 3-step procedure described by @Joule Thief?
    Crystal red, cloth interior, nav, Bose speakers, park assist, cargo net, front shade, rear storage barrier, VIN C04158, received 10/15/11

You can try the 3 steps and see if it works (or simply drive your car and try again - same effect). If that doesn't work, then you'll need to call Onstar to reset your data like I did. I know Onstar has been making software updates to fix some other issues (there's a couple other threads on problems with getting/changing alerts and also receiving the diagnostic emails). Supposedly an update was done on 11/1, so I wonder if that's causing some of these new issues with connecting remotely. Anyway, I hope you get it resolved.

-JT
    Volt C-5274 Delivered 10/16/2011 | See my Hidden Content | Find me at Hidden Content

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BrentW View Post
    Anyone else seeing issues contacting the Volt when you 1st log in?

For about a week now, every time I log in, after the 2-3 minute log-in/info retrieval time, it tells me it is unable to contact my Volt, if I click try again, 2 minutes later it loads just fine.
    Same here. The website and the app are "quirky" at best. Both are also incredibly slow. I thought I read on another thread that there is a complete redesign coming out in the next few days that is supposed to fix problems with myVolt and fix the email/text communication problems?

My problem mysteriously corrected itself this morning. Since many apparently had the same problem, presumably it was caused by something GM did.

I agree that the apps are very slow and I'd like to see them fundamentally improved. I just hope the "fix" doesn't cause more problems than it solves.
    Crystal red, cloth interior, nav, Bose speakers, park assist, cargo net, front shade, rear storage barrier, VIN C04158, received 10/15/11

12. Advertisement

I've added Joule Thief's post above to the FAQ. Thanks WVhybrid for the tip via PM!

FYI, I'll be auditing and improving the FAQ next month. 2011 has been crazy for me, but it's getting better now.
    2011 Volt #284, ordered 30-Jul-2010, built 30-Nov-2010, shipped 15-Dec-2010, delivery 22-Dec-2010, lease return 22-Dec-2013, Hidden Content
    - Hidden Content
    - Hidden Content
    - do yourself a favor and register at Hidden Content immediately so you can track your Volt's performance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text