GM Volt Forum banner

My Volt Lease Deal - $349/Month, $0 Down $0 Drive-Off

13K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  rhodomel 
#1 ·
Hi to all, I'm new to this place. I just leased a 2012 on Sunday Oct. 23. For starters, I already have a 2010 Prius and I was not even looking for a new car but when I opened my newspaper and saw this ad this past weekend, I knew I couldn't pass it up (see below)

The other one was white and and was already gone so I only had one choice, Viridium Joule which was great because that was the color that I would have wanted anyways. The car stickered at $42.6K and had the backup camera option.

I just find a little ironic that from what I hear around in certain circles, obtaining this car has been hard for some, and this one just happens to fall into my lap without any prior intention on getting one.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
10K miles is light - but could work for some folks. Nice price there. And you got options too as well. Does CA have a state rebate? You have to guess that the bank gets the 7500 + state rebate as the owner and knows that a < 30K mile car will be worth something as a used off-lease when done. $.25/mile is kind of steep but if used for a business-vehicle at $.555 business deductible, is still fine.

I would want to drive way more than 10K miles a year in a Volt :)

#4 ·
I would want to drive way more than 10K miles a year in a Volt :)
Yes, 10k is certainly light but the Volt is really my third option car. I commute to work on my bicycle first then take the bus second if it is raining or too cold. If I have to drive, I still have my Prius as well. So I guess the Volt will be more of a pleasure/weekend car for me. It's definitely a great conversation piece for me so far with my friends since I "1-upped" them for now, we all have Priuses.

#3 ·
Not a bad deal at all JHK. Congratulations and enjoy!

#6 ·
One interesting thing regarding the group with Priuses is that in CA, the big thing is to get the green HOV sticker with the Prius and now Plug-in Prius. Do they drive the Prius for the HOV access? I know someone in San Jose who is going to buy a PiP strictly for the HOV lane access.

Does your 2012 Volt qualify for that sticker? I believe in February, 2012 it might be factored into the sticker availability. Or, if you don't need access to the HOV lanes, you're all set. With weather like you have in CA, bicycle commuting is a great option.

Did you do anything with e-Bikes for commuting or is it strictly "all" bicycle? I used to be a cyclist/racer in the 1980s and loved it. Family and work took me away from it.

#9 · (Edited)
One interesting thing regarding the group with Priuses is that in CA, the big thing is to get the green HOV sticker with the Prius and now Plug-in Prius. Do they drive the Prius for the HOV access? I know someone in San Jose who is going to buy a PiP strictly for the HOV lane access.
Back at the end of June, the old HOV lane exemption stickers expired for the Prius drivers. I don't know how well they sell in the rest of the country but Southern California is just saturated with them everywhere. I once went to a Post Office and counted 7 of them in a 30-car parking lot. That's a pretty high ratio for ANY car, regardless if was hybrid or conventional. So far, I have yet to see any other Volts around with plenty of Nissan Leafs out and about.

Does your 2012 Volt qualify for that sticker? I believe in February, 2012 it might be factored into the sticker availability. Or, if you don't need access to the HOV lanes, you're all set. With weather like you have in CA, bicycle commuting is a great option.
My dealer told me that the 2012 Volt is eligible for the new batch of HOV lane stickers. I don't know if that is substantiated or if he was just trying to make a sale, but there was no further discussion following that statement.

Did you do anything with e-Bikes for commuting or is it strictly "all" bicycle? I used to be a cyclist/racer in the 1980s and loved it. Family and work took me away from it.
I ride straight road bike to work and back, used to get a lot of flats too but I've learned how to get around potholes and go slow rough patches when I need to. Plus I've lost over 30 lbs in the process :cool:

#8 ·
Great price. Congrats on the car. I see fewer bus rides in your future. Seriously, once you're using kWh, which are cheap and emissions free, it's just really easy to take the car.

I think you've probably more than "1-upped" your friends. As Scott mentioned, take them for a ride in Sport. Even better, hit 75+ MPH and have a nice quiet conversation. That's what the Prius owners who have taken the Volt for a spin can't get over -- just how quiet it is.

#10 ·
I see fewer bus rides in your future. Seriously, once you're using kWh, which are cheap and emissions free, it's just really easy to take the car.
Aww yeah, driving it has been pretty guilt free. Do love that off the line torque.

The issue with me is parking in Downtown LA. I'm sure there's probably some sort of green initiative parking perks for the Volt (I work for the City) but I haven't researched it enough yet. Taking the bus for me is incredibly easy though, I can go door-to-door on just my feet and just walk about the equivalent of about 3 blocks.

#14 ·
Congrats on a great deal!

I would have leased with those terms but when I checked into it, I think I had to do 2K down and the monthly was closer to 400+ (dealer said it was b/c I ordered all the toys and the lease was based on a base model).
hmmm, yours is not quite base so cuddos :)

#15 ·
Can you please tell us the dealer's address and the newspaper that included the ad? A friend of mine was originally quoted $389/month lease with $2,000 down but when the Volt came, they recomputed it to $512/month so he ended up getting a Hyundai instead. Our local Volt dealer should be fried in the pan. If you can show me more information that we can submit as evidence we will file a formal complaint and list them in the dealer hall of shame.

Hi to all, I'm new to this place. I just leased a 2012 on Sunday Oct. 23. For starters, I already have a 2010 and I was not even looking for a new car but when I opened my newspaper and saw this ad this past weekend, I knew I couldn't pass it up (see below)

The other one was white and and was already gone so I only had one choice, Viridium Joule which was great because that was the color that I would have wanted anyways. The car stickered at $42.6K and had the backup camera option.

I just find a little ironic that from what I hear around in certain circles, obtaining this car has been hard for some, and this one just happens to fall into my lap without any prior intention on getting one.

#16 ·
Can you please tell us the dealer's address and the newspaper that included the ad?
Sure no prob, it's Mark Christopher Chevrolet in Ontario, CA. A little background info on them: they claim to be the highest volume Chevy dealer in CA but I dunno about that. They also always run their ads more competitively than other Chevy dealers in the area. I had no games played on me when I was there, I only thought it took an unusually long time to find the vehicle that was supposedly charging on the lot. Like I said no gimmicks, ran the credit, signed the papers and off I went.

I saw two other new ones on the lot and one that looked like a demo. Mines had 17 miles on it, the other one on the ad was gone by the time i got there, which was Sunday afternoon. The ad came out Friday.

#18 ·
Be careful

I have 12k per year / $.15 per mile over on my Civic. About 6 months in I realize I am commuting every day in the Civic - clocking over 2000 miles per month. Now my "cheap" lease of $200 per month is actually $350 (1000 extra miles at 15 cents).

With 10k and $.25 per mile extra coupled with a love of driving the Volt - I could see going over mile limit very easily.

#19 ·
I have 12k per year / $.15 per mile over on my Civic. About 6 months in I realize I am commuting every day in the Civic - clocking over 2000 miles per month. Now my "cheap" lease of $200 per month is actually $350 (1000 extra miles at 15 cents).

With 10k and $.25 per mile extra coupled with a love of driving the Volt - I could see going over mile limit very easily.

Agreed, a lease on 10k miles a year is not for everybody, especially for those who commute in their cars. However, between riding to work on my bike or taking the bus, I can go an entire workweek without driving my car even once. Fortunately this deal works very well for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.