New Volts needed by 700 BMW Active E drivers
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: New Volts needed by 700 BMW Active E drivers

Post New Volts needed by 700 BMW Active E drivers

All of the 700, BMW Active E drivers are reaching the end of their driving experience with BMW.
    Their cars must be returned almost immediately and certainly over/during the coming 60 days.
    The replacement vehicle that BMW would like these drivers to move into is the new i3, due here in May, 2014.
    Current drivers may extend their expiring lease until that date if they commit to a purchase of the i3.
    Many drivers express regret over losing the Active E, and are for many reasons less than impressed with the i3.
    These drivers have installed 240volt/30amp systems therefor they are ready to go.
    The Volt is a proven sophisticated option for this group so I invite General Motors/Chevrolet Dealers to pitch us a deal, NOW.
    There are 700 of us and most are in California!

Call Rick at Keyes Chevy in L.A. and he will set you guys up with a smokin lease deal and from what I can tell he does have adequate supply/allocation or maybe he can get more. I don't think he will turn you guys down!!

I never even heard of this program. Very cool at 160 km range, but no extender; always some trade off. Did you guys have to lease these cars? Anyone know what the deal was. If they are looking for electronauts for Volt 2.0 or Tesla 2.0 I will be signing up for those programs.

Advertisement

Thumbs up Recommendation to GM

GM, now under new management, might also have an upgraded Marketing Dept.
    With 700 former EV owners now coming off lease with BMW, why miss signing up this experienced,
    enthusiastic crowd?
    Create a Special Conquest Lease, that references them by name.
    e.g. BMW Active E drivers, GM has a deal just for you!

Sparks and Leafs are the logical choice as the range is similar, if these BWM lessors wanted a hybrid, they could have bought or leased one by now knowing their time is up.
    2012 Crystal Red Volt #10921 - Plug Powered #76

Quote Originally Posted by Henry_FL View Post
    Sparks and Leafs are the logical choice as the range is similar, if these BWM lessors wanted a hybrid, they could have bought or leased one by now knowing their time is up.
    Ah, but keep in mind a LOT of these i3 owners are probably considering the i3 with the range extender engine (despite the rumored loss of the coveted "white sticker" for HOV lanes)...the closest vehicle in that regard is the Volt. Some of the disappointment voice by prospective i3 purchasers revolves around BMW not increasing the size of the battery and range.
    2012 Blue Topaz Volt - Loaded
    2012 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design
    1997 BMW M3
    2002 BMW M5 (Sold to buy Volt!)

BMW Active E drivers will be returning the earliest leases beginng on February 28th, the entire 700 will come flooding in in March.
    There is plenty of time to make a Volt decision between now and then.
    GM would be smart to say, "Hell'o take a look at our Special Lease Deal just for you!",,
    in this otherwise quiet post Christmas marketing period.

If the ActiveE was a BEV, GM should sell them the Chevy Spark EV instead. Then they can get a white sticker.
    Raymond
    No Volt or Spark EV yet

2009 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT
    1995 Buick Regal Limited sedan

Cool No Henry_FL

Quote Originally Posted by Henry_FL View Post
    For once I will sharply disagree with you, Henry_FL!

As you know, many of us enjoy the hell out of driving 95%+ Lifetime, All Electric in our Chevy Volt Extended Range Electric Vehicles!

Link goes to my OnStar Data Page-

http://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/1068

While I have been on a number of cross country trips, knowing that I can at any time, ices the cake!

Those self named BMW Active E Electronaut's, coming off lease in the near term are NOT likely to go for the City Car Chevy Spark BEV any more then the Luxury City Car BMW i3.

The Nissan LEAF would most likely come up short with them as well.

----------------------------------------]=

Thus, this leaves the Chevy Volt EREV as the logical successor for these stranded folks to consider. With the monthly lease payment reduced by over $129.00 a month since first introduced in the spring of 2011/ now just $269.00 a month at participating dealers, this is an exceptional choice of great value, sporty fun and the very real potential of limited gasoline use!

Link goes to Chevy Volt EREV Sale and Leasing page-

http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electric-car.html

Finally, since the powerful third party source, US News and World Reports, rates the Volt EREV in the same league as the Cadillac CTS, Infinity Q60, BMW 4, Acura TL, Audi A4, Mercedes Benz C-Class and 24 other Upscale Midsized Cars; In fact Volt EREV is now tied at number 13 on the leader board, this is the vehicle that they would most identify with!

Link goes to US News Auto Ranking page-

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...-Midsize-Cars/

MY VERY BEST- With A Welcome To All Of You Off Lease BMW active e Lessees!

Thomas J. Thias

Sundance Chevrolet Inc- 2/2

517-622-6081

http://www.sundancechevyranch.com/

Twitter.com/AmazingChevVolt
    Last edited by Selling Volts At Sundance; 01-09-2014 at 10:47 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------]=
    The Amazing Chevy Volt EREV-Facts Guy
    Out of Stock-March 12, 2012 CU114012 Ally Bank LSE- 36/45,000
    "American Made"
    "My Volt Is American Made, Built And Fueled In The USA,
    From Its 100 Mile Top Speed To Unlimited Range, My Volt Is American Made!"

AmazingChevyVolt@aol.com
    www.twitter.com/AmazingChevVolt
    http://www.gm-volt.com/forum/showthr...lt-White-Paper
    Reloaded: February 24th, 2012

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    BMW Active E drivers will be returning the earliest leases beginng on February 28th, the entire 700 will come flooding in in March.
    There is plenty of time to make a Volt decision between now and then.
    GM would be smart to say, "Hell'o take a look at our Special Lease Deal just for you!",,
    in this otherwise quiet post Christmas marketing period.
    Optimist, have you read the latest news on i3 REx and HOV access sticker? Apparently CARB is pulling an about-face and will not issue white stickers. It only qualifies for green HOV stickers, and 40,000 quota for the green stickers will be met some time in 2014: http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/01/10/bm...er-california/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast