Jet Black/Light Titanium Leather
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jet Black/Light Titanium Leather

Default Jet Black/Light Titanium Leather

I've put a deposit down on a 2012 Volt that will hit inventory at a local dealership in the next few weeks. Its at 4300 status and has a VIN. The manifest says it is Silver Ice Metallic with Jet Black/Light Titanium leather. I went to the Chevy site to see what that color combo looks like, but its not listed anywhere as an option in the Build My Own configurator. The closest they have is Jet Black/White Ceramic. I assume it'll be similar, just a darker tint, but would love to know...

I assume its a real/valid option, but can anyone confirm this? And if so, does anyone have pictures of it? And why is it not listed as an option on the site?

Not gonna lie, this is the first im hearing of a light titanium leather option.

What is the RPO code that is displayed next to it? If you are looking at the GMConnects site some of the text descriptions are incorrect for some of the option codes.

I have a Jet Black and Ceramic leather coming and while the AFD code is displayed correctly there the text shows as "Gray sport cloth".

Take the displayed option code and match it up with page 8 of the 2012 ordering guide and that should be more accurate.
    1969 Camaro RS
    1971 Chevelle SS Convertible
    2008 Suburban LTZ
    2012 Volt #1736 produced 8/16. White Diamond Tricoat, Jet Black and Ceramic White leather seats, all options. Last spotted: In my driveway as of 10/17. Finally! Hidden Content

Hidden Content | Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Awesome advice Pauldon! It's AFI, which is Black / Dark Accents. So, it is a case of the text not matching the official trim name.

Thanks!

BTW, this isn't special ordered. This just happens to be an allocation to a local dealer that wasn't spoken for (or perhaps the original person backed out).

So, I don't have an order number. Just the VIN, a detailed report from search, a $500 refundable deposit reserving it, and the commitment of the dealership. We've already got the numbers lined up as well. As soon as it arrives, I get a look at it and then make the decision. Well, that's what the plan is. Hopefully, the dealer's word is solid.

Its at 4300 according to the report, but since I don't have an order number, I can't really track it go forward on ChevyConnects.com. Unless there's a way to track it by VIN only.

I'd poke your dealer and see if they will give you the order # just because. It's almost there if it's at 4300 but it couldn't hurt to ask for the number just to check out the progress on it, the date it was produced etc. Whats the last 4 of the VIN curiously? You might find someone who was in front or behind you on the line. I ran into the guy that was right in front of mine.
    1969 Camaro RS
    1971 Chevelle SS Convertible
    2008 Suburban LTZ
    2012 Volt #1736 produced 8/16. White Diamond Tricoat, Jet Black and Ceramic White leather seats, all options. Last spotted: In my driveway as of 10/17. Finally! Hidden Content

Hidden Content | Hidden Content

@ jomo25,

Send me a mesage with your VIN and I can find your order number so you can track it.
    If you have any further questions feel free to contact the
    Chevrolet Customer Care Team:
    (800) 222-1020
    Chevrolet Customer Care Hours:
    Monday - Friday 9AM to 9PM EST.
    Closed on Saturday and Sunday.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit Hidden Content

Last 4 digits are 4282. So, I can tell its definitely close since it's within the range of others who are expecting theirs soon also.

I'll PM the full VIN to you Trevor. THANKS!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text