GM Volt Forum banner

Wishlist: Add window control to RemoteLink app and myvolt.com / myvolt.ca

5K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  asullyvolt 
#1 ·
Hello Volt Developers,

I would love to see functionality added to the RemoteLink App (which I would also love to see ported to Windows 7 but I won't hold by breath) and to the myvolt.com and future myvolt.ca functionality.

Full close (all windows)
Full open (all windows)
Crack (open either all windows or just rear windows 1" to allow heat to escape when parked)

This would allow me to crack the windows on a hot day or close them remotely if it starts to rain.

Thanks for reading!

Sully

#2 ·
Just remember to add a automatic windows close when the Volt is shut down and parked, or when charging. You might remotely open the windows and forget that they were opened.

#3 ·
I hope they create a Windows Phone 7 app as well. It wouldn't be hard to do, they just need enough people to complain about the lack of such app - which I've already done. As far as using it to roll up/down the windows that depends on whether the windows are addressable via OnStar.

#4 ·
Full close (all windows)
Full open (all windows)
Crack (open either all windows or just rear windows 1" to allow heat to escape when parked)
Seconded!
@Sully, I presume you're aware the windows will all fully open if you hold the Unlock button down of the remote entry key (at least my 2012 does this - maybe not the 2011MY).

#7 ·
Part number for "locking" calibrations

There is a new calibration for the 2012 which probably can be updated in your 2011 to allow for the Remote Open All Windows Feature on RKE transmitter.

There are actually two different calibrations for this, 22876272 to retain the ability to hold down the button and have the windows roll down and 22877448 to disable the option. Take it to the dealer and tell them you need the updated calibrations for your locking system subsection M4455 and that you want the ROAWF (Remote Open All Windows Feature) retained. That should fix your problem.

#8 ·
I like the idea of using the key fob and most of the cars I owned have had it. I have used it when I was within sight of the vehicle and it came in handy to let the heat escape in the 3 to 5 minutes it took to walk to the car. I would never use it as a phone app because I do not want to take a chance someone could be near the car and reach inside to steal something.

That option seems standard with the fob, in the past 5 or 6 years I owned two Jeep Grand Cherokees, two Lexus cars, a Dodge truck, and the Volt I also rented a few cars when I flew to NY instead of drove and they all had this feature

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.