Chevy Volt Cost Calculator
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Volt Cost Calculator

Default Chevy Volt Cost Calculator

Can you guys check out this calculator I put together and let me know what you think. A lot of people get sticker shock with the Volt, but they don't realize what they will be saving compared to a similar ICE purchase. I would like to share this calculator with them.

http://www.digifixpix.com/volt/volt_calc.asp

Thanks,
    Tom

Excellent job! I like it. Shows a realistic comparison.
    Jerry, #536 2011 Volt in Fresno, CA

I think this is commendable because it gets people thinking about monthly costs and TCO.

Advertisement

I know the numbers don't work as good at current gas prices but I'd venture a guess that most people that might be looking at a Volt would not compare to an ICE that gets 22MPG.

I'm thinking the default comparison would be something like a similarly equipped Cruze (I think it winds up being an LTZ) which puts the pricing at $22k where you have it but the MPG around an average of 32 or so.

I think the page is great but it does show that in my case that about $5/gallon for gas is where the Volt starts to pull ahead. Where do you live? Your default sales tax and electricty cost look like mine here in WA. My 2012 was produced last week and should be on its way here soon.

I would like to see one of those for buy vs. Lease...

Quote Originally Posted by pauldon View Post
    I know the numbers don't work as good at current gas prices but I'd venture a guess that most people that might be looking at a Volt would not compare to an ICE that gets 22MPG.

I'm thinking the default comparison would be something like a similarly equipped Cruze (I think it winds up being an LTZ) which puts the pricing at $22k where you have it but the MPG around an average of 32 or so.
    I'm thinking you are right; however, I would encourage them to compare closer to the performance of the Volt. Although the Cruze has a lot of similar physical characteristics, the Chevy Volt has 2 times the amount of torque (273 ft-lbs) compared to the Cruze (123 ft-lbs). One of the vehicles I compare to is the Ford Taurus (249 ft-lbs), which is a $24,000 car with average 23 MPG.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldon View Post
    I think the page is great but it does show that in my case that about $5/gallon for gas is where the Volt starts to pull ahead. Where do you live? Your default sales tax and electricty cost look like mine here in WA. My 2012 was produced last week and should be on its way here soon.
    Tennessee. Our electricity cost is a flate rate, unlike some that are getting great rates to charge their cars at night.

Thumbs up I'm Lovin' It !

Excellent job. Permission to use it in presentations and have a link to it from our dealer website?

Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteGuy View Post
    Excellent job. Permission to use it in presentations and have a link to it from our dealer website?
    Sure! That's what I made it for.

Thanks,
    Tom

Outstanding page presentation TechTom of our Amazing 2011/ 2012 Chevy Volt EREV ! Thank you so much for the best tool so far to banish the naysayers. Personally I do a 60 second elevator pitch this way. Once the 'deer in the headlight look' clears up they get it.

Now to get them over their fears of this Amazing new technology and the sand storm of disinformation from the antiVolt crowd.

Here is my lease pitch....................................sorry if I have posted it before. . .

>We now know that the Volt Lease is back for model year 2012.

> We know that in most states the lessee pays a use tax only on the scheduled lease payments and NOT the MSRP or MSRP+.

>We know therefore that the 3 year lease is ideal also because the turn in time may well happen as Volt Gen 2 arrives..........No 5-6-7 year contracts.

>We know that the Fed $7500.00 is captured by the Lessor, US Bank and they state "Us Bank as the lessor holds title to the vehicle . The lessee receives the benefit of the tax credit as an ENHANCEMENT TO TO THE RESIDUAL VALUE..."

...No side loans or other fancy arrangement...the $7500.00 credit is yours as lessee now!

>>>>>Chevrolet announced the MY2012 Chevrolet as $399.00 a month with $2500.00 down...Remember...Base Car !

( assuming base Volt with destination included plus up fronts at MSRP )

>>>>>36 months at $400.00 per month =$16000.00.

>>>>>Estimated cost to drive the Volt 40 miles a day at $1.20 a charge=$36.00 a month,
    Plus some gasoline............

>>>>>Not spending $200.00 a month for gasoline. $200.00 a month net cost to drive reduction equals $2400.00 a year or $7200.00 over the three year lease!

>>>>>$16000.00 lease payment over 36 months minus $7200.00 gas not bought equals...

$8800.00 net cost to drive the Amazing Chevy Volt EREV

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >Cool Eh ?

Ps have 2012 Amazing Chevy Volt EREV in stock NOW-Vin: 1G1RB6E49CU101141

GBN White Diamond TriCoat
    ADF Jet Black/ Ceramic White Accents
    PCQ Premium Trim PCK
    *Leather Seating, Perforated
    *Heated Front Seat, Driver and Passenger
    *Leather Wrap Steering Wheel
    PCW Rear Camera and Park Assist Package Includes:
    *Ultrasonic Park Assist
    *Rear Vision Camera System
    RTN Polished Aluminum Wheels

MSRP

http://sundancechevy.com/search/sear...RB6E49CU101141

Sundance Chevrolet
    5895 E. Saginaw Hwy.
    Grand Ledge, Mi. 48837
    1-800-Sundance Ex 6081
    517-622-6081 Desk
    517-749-0532 Cell

TomSundance4u at aol.com
    Last edited by Selling Volts At Sundance; 08-25-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Information

Advertisement

It's funny that my current car gets 22MPG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast