GM Volt Forum banner

Volt Lease

Tags
lease
5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  ChrisC 
#1 ·
I contracted to take my dealer's demo in April, and I'm supposed to pick up my 2011 Volt at the end of this month. So I call their finance department to discuss leasing options and I was told that there are none! Not only that but that there never have been any leases for the Volt. This is really strange since I've read a lot about the GM/Volt lease on this site. Does anyone know anything about this? I am really frustrated.:mad:

#2 ·
Check out the lease thread in the FAQ -- see link in my sig below. We have info there that was gathered in Dec 2010 when the first Volts came out and the first leases were signed. It might be dated info by now, but it will get you started. Some dealers weren't signing up for the lease plan (they have to agree to it too).

Being a demo car might be a factor.

Brace yourself, leases are complicated.

#3 ·
@ heacockb,

There was a lease program through US Bank, however that expired on July 5th.

#5 ·
This does not make sense ? My son was in discussions with a dealer this week about doing a US bank lease on the Volt. They did not say anything about the lease deal being terminated.

Last week I also talked to Criswell about a leasing a GM executive Volt and he said it was still available as long as the mileage was less than 5k.

#4 ·
And elsewhere, about a week ago a Volt Advisor posted:

"No information for the 2012 Volt lease program has been released yet. From what I have heard, information will released very soon."

I take this to mean that there will still be a lease program offered, but that the details haven't been released yet. Based on our expeirences back in December, those details may not come out until literally the day that the first 2012 Volt is delivered!

#6 ·
I did the lease on July 27th

I just got my volt on July 27th, with the lease. The MSRP (which is what I paid) was $43k and change with the options that were included. I put down $5,000 and the lease payment was about $350 (it came to $385 or so with the tax). It was through US Bank and was easy as can be. The residual was $27k, which seems like a lot, bit that is what makes the lease payment reasonable.

I dealt with Winter Chevrolet in Northern California and they seemed to get it done very easily.

Best of luck!

#7 ·
I just got my volt on July 27th, with the lease. The MSRP (which is what I paid) was $43k and change with the options that were included. I put down $5,000 and the lease payment was about $350 (it came to $385 or so with the tax). It was through US Bank and was easy as can be. The residual was $27k, which seems like a lot, bit that is what makes the lease payment reasonable.

I dealt with Winter Chevrolet in Northern California and they seemed to get it done very easily.

Best of luck!
Yes US Bank is clearly very familiar with leasing Volts. Though I would assume that GM is no longer tossing in the kicker to help buy down the lease payments.

#9 ·
There is a lease program with US Bank through 9/5/11...Call me with any questions..I have a Demo for lease or purchase as well.TY Neal @ Atlantic Chevrolet 631-665-0002

#10 ·
And this once again confirms what we've been seeing since December: the lease program is only renewed for two months at a time. In this case it expired on July 5th, was renewed, and now expires Sept 5th.

Come September maybe it'll get renewed again, maybe not :) I suspect that GM is waiting for other financing companies to be comfortable with handling the tax credit, and which time they will stand down their deal with US Bank.

Is GM still kicking in the $2000 of capital reduction?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.