GM Volt Forum banner

Chevy Volt 2014 base speaker system

12K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  bengl3rt 
#1 ·
I just bought a brandew 2014 chevy volt with the standard 6 speaker sound system. I searched online for the watts and found nothing. Called chevy dealers from east cost to west nothing. what is the wattage/watts/ important tech info?

#2 ·
Wattage isn't really all that important as a single point of tech info where a sound system is concerned. What is WAY more important is the speaker efficency and performance along with the match to the amplifier(s). You neither want to have speakers overdriven nor over powered. Clipping is the biggest issue for voice coils - especially those of high-efficency design (which are best for small enclosed areas such as an automobile). Also, dividing up the load into seperand bands and matching to the appropriate driver will help to make for a better and more durrable sound system (and with proper placement can help to create an excellent sound stage as well).

#3 ·
I don't know the specs of the stock audio system, but I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. Just don't judge it listening to XM radio, listen to a CD or high bitrate MP3 files on a USB drive.

Whoever designed this system, you did a pretty good job!

#7 ·
Nick what speakers did you put in there? I am think seriously about doing same.

Are there any tricky steps to replacing the speakers?

Since I drive solo a lot of the time I was considering just replacing the front door speakers, would that cause any issues with the system?

Thx Dave
2014 Ashen Grey Volt Base

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.