Recently took a 6 hour drive and stayed the night at a hotel. Started with a full charge on the battery. When I stopped the car and after unloading I noticed when I went to lock the doors that the center consul was still lit and the Volt logo was on even though the car was turned off. Noticed a less than 10% battery notation that flashed quickly on the car. Locked the doors and left it for about 15 minutes to see if it would power down. After 15 minutes the center consul was still lit and the logo was still on. Turned the car on and off 3 times but the consul still did not power down. Figured that the car consul might take longer than the 15 minutes and went to bed. No charging available at the hotel.
Next morning, no power to anything. Had to use the key to unlock the doors. Chevy sent a tow driver to get the car and they were able to jump start it. Had them take it to the dealer ship to check anyways since I was far from home and did not want any issues during the long drive back.
The dealer said that there were numerous low voltage codes but the car was holding a charge and working fine. They deleted the fault codes and sent me on my merry way with no explanation. I am not agreeing with their diagnosis. Something happened to cause the center consul to stay on and drain the battery overnight and when I arrived at the hotel the cars battery was nearly depleted. Shouldn't the battery have charged over the long trip and not been depleted? I read that there were phone blue tooth issues that have been know to cause the center consul problem, but my Volt dealer said that there was no updates that she could see and it still does not explain the low battery after a long trip. Any suggestions?