MUST SEE/READ about Volt Crash
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MUST SEE/READ about Volt Crash

Default MUST SEE/READ about Volt Crash

Wanted to share the pictures and story that I was forward from my clients at GM. This amazing about the crash this Volt stood up too. The car did it's job great and I feel a lot safer now after reading this. See below:

FYI.....this is spectacular and really shows the Volt's crash worthiness. .....please share as you deem appropriate. Go Volt!

John Hughes
    Chevrolet Volt Marketing & Promotions Manager

Hi Mr. Hughes,

I got your name from my Volt Dealer here in Orange County, CA.

I bought a 2013 Volt in November 2012 for my 20 year old daughter Caroline and we all loved it.
    I have a Porsche 911s and a BMW 740il. The Volt was our favorite car to drive.

On August 3rd, a drunk driver hit Caroline from the right rear traveling in the same direction.
    The drunk driver hit our Volt so hard it knocked the Volt off the road down a 15 foot embankment.
    Caroline in the Volt rolled several times down the embankment before hitting a tree.
    Caroline was taken by ambulance to a local hospital where she suffered only a black eye, arm lacerations
    and stitches to her left foot. Our Farmers insurance adjuster said he never saw a car that mangled without a fatality.

We are grateful to you and GM for making the Volt so safe. The fact that Caroline survived that crash
    was a miracle from God and the 10 Volt airbags. I am in the middle of buying another Volt right now
    and thought you would like to share this story with anyone else at GM or with any potential Volt buyers.

Dr. Kerry Johnson

Love My Volt!

Blue Topaz, Black/Ceramic White Leather, Nav 2012
    New Hampshire

Wow. Thank you for posting this. Looking at the Volt, I would have thought it was a fatality. Good fortune and a GREAT safety design came together and allowed your daughter to walk away from a potential tragedy with barely a scratch!

Advertisement

I'm thinking it's more fortune, and less design that may have saved the driver. I don't like the way the roof looks. Seems like any passenger would be killed as well as the driver if they weren't quite as lucky.

Glad she's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by emartin00 View Post
    And "why is my range estimate falling now that it's colder??" is posted twice a week. You gonna call out every one of those too?

Quote Originally Posted by ViperRT10Matt View Post
    And "why is my range estimate falling now that it's colder??" is posted twice a week. You gonna call out every one of those too?
    We try to. It's sometimes hard to find the right balance between repeating the same thing over and over and being rude to new folks.
    Walter
    C4884 - White Diamond, purchased 10/15/11

Volt FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by mk2 View Post
    I'm thinking it's more fortune, and less design that may have saved the driver. I don't like the way the roof looks. Seems like any passenger would be killed as well as the driver if they weren't quite as lucky.

Glad she's ok.
    Roofs look like this a lot in crashes, not from the crash, but because the quickest way to make an emergency extrication is through the roof rather than trying to pry open a jammed door. I speak from bitter experience.
    2013 White Diamond Tricoat, polished aluminum wheels, and everything but NAV and Bose, purchased Jan. 2013. Our other car is a 2008 Prius.

Quote Originally Posted by Joekc View Post
    Roofs look like this a lot in crashes, not from the crash, but because the quickest way to make an emergency extrication is through the roof rather than trying to pry open a jammed door. I speak from bitter experience.
    Yeah, but it's usually peeled back or clearly cut when that's the case. I see no signs of extraction via roof in this case, it appears to be still connected at the sides.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text