GM Volt Forum banner

Chevy Volt parts list for sale - genuine item?

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
I found this item for sale at eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011...Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item3cb6566930

I don't have a Volt yet, but I recommend that it should be investigated before buying. If it is a genuine parts list for the Chevy Volt, then all Volt owners should be notified, so everyone can buy and use this information, especially the person who wanted to buy the traction motor.

Raymond

#2 ·
It is the parts and labour time list used for accident repair. Many items are not listed, such as the HV battery, transmission, seats, cabin air filter. Of those listed, the top 5 highest values are:

A/C Compressor Assy $749
Battery Charger Assy, $830
Brake Pressure Modulator $995
Inverter Assy $1454
Navigation/Radio Unit $3727

That's a pretty expensive radio...

#3 ·
Ridiculous, I know it's a seller's market but this is off the chart. Probably the rest of the system uses the "radio" as the user interface, and if the LED backlit driver or something breaks, you are out 4 grand.

5 years down the road, you probably can buy a used Volt for $15k or so, making it seem even more extreme.

PS you need the AC compressor for the battery, so that's not exactly an "optional" item either. Well, all 5 items on the list are mission critical - so when the regular warranty runs out, staycations it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.