Volt Stats Website / Source Code
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 11 27 LastLast

Thread: Volt Stats Website / Source Code

Default Volt Stats Website / Source Code

I'm going to try letting everyone know about this one more time, and if no one's interested I'll let it die. I've got my Volt stats website up and running here:

http://www.voltstats.net

I haven't had as much time lately to work on it as I'd like, but it's functional and I've been tracking my Volt's stats for a couple weeks now. I'm interfacing with the webservice that the mobile apps use, but I'm really curious to see what the enhancements are to myvolt.com that are "coming soon", and hopefully I can interface there if the data's a lot better.

Anyway, my goal is to get a leaderboard together where we can compare everyone's stats. Yes, this means you have to register your Onstar login/password with the site, but without your Onstar PIN I don't think there's any way I could send any commands to the car. I've also published the source code to github in case it'll make anyone feel any better about registering their car on the site:

https://github.com/mrosack/VoltInterface

It's an ASP.NET MVC 2/MonoBuilder project, although it could easily be converted to VS 2010 format. If anyone would like to contribute, or even rip it off, feel free.
    Last edited by mrosack; 07-24-2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Changed URL to http instead of https, Changed to voltstats.net (7/24)
    Volt Hidden Content in Greenville, WI

Check out the Hidden Content !

Default Volt stats website... good info

Good idea... I've been waiting for a place that has volt owners stats that are updated....

So far all we can get is bits and pieces....

So far it looks like to me that the Volt is far exceeding the sticker MPGs.

Especially for the the daily commuter.

I've seen from 100 to 400 mpg for daily commutes.

Lovely, cannot wait to get my hands on it, with my background in .NET and Adobe Flex (for cool charting)
    2011 Volt #1158, Proud to be among the top 10 Hidden Content in Hidden Content , visit Hidden Content for my personal experience with my Volt.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

I added my car, it hasn't shown up yet but fingers crossed!

Thanks for adding your cars, guys - unfortunately, I'm having trouble syncing any cars except mine. I'll look at it more first thing in the morning, hopefully it's not a showstopper!

I added mine as well. It told me I was on but couldn't do anything. I don't have a smart phone though. I can only estimate my EV miles. Take Care, TED Volt #1506

Quote Originally Posted by mrosack View Post
    Thanks for adding your cars, guys - unfortunately, I'm having trouble syncing any cars except mine. I'll look at it more first thing in the morning, hopefully it's not a showstopper!
    Let us know. I'd be willing to add mine as well. Love to see this stuff happen automatically. You'd expect GM to offer something like this as an opt-in feature in the future.

"Similar Threads" showed your other/1st thread for those interested: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....-Stats-Website

If you added your car before this message, you'll have to add it again, there was a bug in the registration code. I think it's all working, now - if you don't get asked to enter a confirmation code from your email (similar to what happens when you register a mobile device), it didn't work, please let me know. Thanks!

What data are you going to obtain/track/graph for comparison purposes? It is not a security question but a functionality question.

Maintenance Vehicle Systems History

On the onstar site there is a 'history' page where you can view mileage info and even download it in CSV, etc.
    Here is what my data currently looks like.

View as table most recent data Download: CSV | XLS | PDF Print
    Email Date | Odometer Reading | Distance Since Last Reading | Average Daily Driving
    03/01/2011 | 1002 | --|--
    03/31/2011 | 2303 | 1301 | 43
    05/01/2011 | 3395 | 1092 | 36

12. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mrosack View Post
    If you added your car before this message, you'll have to add it again, there was a bug in the registration code. I think it's all working, now - if you don't get asked to enter a confirmation code from your email (similar to what happens when you register a mobile device), it didn't work, please let me know. Thanks!
    Format of email you should get:
    -----Original Message-----
    From: do_not_reply@myvolt.com [mailto:do_not_reply@myvolt.com]
    Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2011 10:10 AM
    To: <snip>
    Subject: OnStar MyLink Mobile App Registration -
    You are receiving this email based on your request to register a mobile device for use with the OnStar MyLink mobile app. For security purposes, any mobile device that you intend to use with this app must be registered.
    After launching the mobile app and logging in with your OnStar Username and Password, please enter the following code to complete the registration process:
    <snip>
    Once registered, you will have complete access to the mobile application, bringing unmatched vehicle connectivity into the palm of your hand.
    Please note this code will expire in 24 hours. After this time, a new code must be requested to complete the registration process.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you have questions or concerns? Please contact us at: http://www.onstar.com or 1.888.4.ONSTAR
    You can contact OnStar at the following address:
    Attn: OnStar Subscriber Services, P.O. Box 1027, Warren, MI 48090-1027.
    (C) 2010 OnStar. All Rights Reserved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 11 27 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text