GM Volt Forum banner

Radio integration with volt too tight

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Slapshot28 
#1 ·
It seems to me that a simple thing like the mp3 player hangs up on a file nearly cripples the vehicle seems like troublesome design. The climate control, NAV, radio, configuration are all mostly disabled. There needs to be reset button or someway get out of trouble without having to go to the dealer.
Lest

#3 ·
#4 ·
Lest,

I had an issue recently where I got locked into Phone Audio mode, couldn't hear anything from the radio, and the center console and screen would stay on when the car was shut off. I started pulling fuses one by one that were marked as Body Control Module. I figured one of those would probably control the center console. I finally arrived at I think what is marked as fuse F10 Onstar. I'm not sure because I know I pulled the fuse, looked up and saw the console still on, put the fuse back in and moved on to F11 and then looked back at the console and it was now dark. F11 is marked as Universal Garage Door Opener which seems to not have anything to do with the center console. Unless it was the pulling and replacing of F10 that caused the center console to reset and I just missed that happening. It might be worth trying that if the dealer hasn't been able to fix the problem yet. The fuse box is on the side of the passenger side dash. You will need to open the passenger door to access. There is a fuse puller if you need 1 in the fuse box in the engine compartment at the bottom right.

I work on servers/computers all day so I'm quite accustomed to having reboot stuff that gets hung. I really didn't want to go to a dealer for something simple like this. I agree it would be nice to have some sort of reset switch.

Good luck.

Gene

#6 ·
Thanks Gene,
I had considered that and did pull out the radio fuse. That did not help and I was afraid to go further, took it to the dealer. I did not leave it, since they would have to call GM and keep it over night. They have not called back yet, if not soon I may just start pulling fuses.
Les

#8 ·
I suspect that GM also is VERY interested in root cause analysis. Often in the software world, a quick reboot might be a quick fix; however, it also may destroy valuable information, and debugging history.

Please give GM a bit of slack as they endeavor to understand exactly what happened, so they can prevent it from happening again to anyone else. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.