VOLT Pickup
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VOLT Pickup

Default VOLT Pickup

I would really like a small pickup 4X4 version of the VOLT.

Thanks
    Joe
    VOLT# 1398

I know that GM may have done a prototype somewhere, probably using the Chevy Colorado as a test mule. Now it is anyone's guess what would be its name, foe example: a "Chevy Watt"? Maybe a Chevy Conductor?

Raymond

Default VOLT Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
    I know that GM may have done a prototype somewhere, probably using the Chevy Colorado as a test mule. Now it is anyone's guess what would be its name, foe example: a "Chevy Watt"? Maybe a Chevy Conductor?

Raymond
    A Colorado based VOLT would work really good. It has a full frame and can carry a larger battery pack. Many have converted S-10's and they do very well. In fact GM built some S-10's using the same technology in the EV1. You can find them for sale every now and then.
    Thanks
    Joe

Advertisement

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by joeboston View Post
    I would really like a small pickup 4X4 version of the VOLT.

Thanks
    Joe
    VOLT# 1398
    It's good to want things.

A lot of people on the blog have expressed this desire. The consensus seems to be that GM will wait until the larger batteries required to produce this much power get cheaper. Also, any true truck will need to be capable of towing. It seems likely that such a vehicle will operate with a much weaker serial mode than the Volt, and have a much larger engine. Also, either the front or rear set of wheels will probably lack a direct connection to the engine; requiring new engineering (adding a front-to-rear shaft will raise the floor; a definite no-no for a vehicle which needs good aerodynamics: another consideration working against the traditional pickup shape, of any size).

Bottom line: It is probably too expensive for GM to build now; when it does appear, it will be much more expensive than a Volt of the same era.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post

Raymond
    In days gone by I had suggested the Volterado... ;-)

Where's the AMP?

After several articles then nothing.

The AMP would be the Voltec I want. CUV with rear seats that come out. Heavy duty suspenstion to deal with rough roads around here.

+ Reply to Thread