GM Volt Forum banner

Volt Owner Personality Types?

4K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  ItsNotAboutTheMoney 
#1 ·
In looking at and reading the thread posted yesterday "Volt Owners Are A Friendly Group" and then reading several comments similar to "I wave at other Volt drivers and they don't wave back" and this comment "Unfortunately in LA the Volt is pretty mainstream now, at least enough so that there's no shared bond between drivers." I'm beginning to believe I don't fit into the group of Volt owners very well, because I am a back-slapper and hand shaker extrovert.

I went to this link ( http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp ) to determine my personality type... Yep, I'm a hand-shaker-extrovert/jokester. But since I too wave at other Volt drivers and none has bothered waving back (as many have stated is their experience)... are most Volt owners introverts?

Heck, I'd be standing on street corners in big cities with a cardboard sign reading "I don't want your change, I just want to change your mind about this amazing VOLT!" but I have to stay here on the farm and shovel goat and donkey dung.

I'm wondering what category Carl Jung would call a "typical Volt owner."

Many times here on GM Volt, I feel like Forrest Gump standing on the back of his shrimp boat and waving at Lt. Dan (I suspect LT Dan is working as an IT Manager or Electrical Engineer somewhere these days, and if he drives a Volt, he doesn't wave at other Volt drivers...)

See less See more
#4 ·

Attachments

#12 ·
No worry... I have enough ego, audacity and flamboyance (and stupidity) that when I'm on the street corner with my cardboard sign and waving at people and hollerin' about the Volt, I'll have a second sign that reads "And Joekc Loves His Volt Too, as much as I doo... but he is busy now..."

#13 ·
Mine was what I expected:

Humanmetrics Jung Typology Test™
Your Type
ENFJ

Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(50%) Feeling(38%) Judging(44%)

You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

#17 ·
Looks like it's based on the Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator.

I'm totally an ISTJ. Pretty introverted, but I'm not unpleasant around other people. I have met two other Volt owners in person so far, but where I live, I'm not very likely to see any other owners. When I'm in town, I still infrequently see other Volts. The most I ever saw in one day was three, I believe, before I had my Volt. I was driving around killing some time on a Saturday morning waiting for a business to open so I could pick up a new toy. I hit a few portals in Ingress, and saw two or three Volts in the South Austin area.

Since I live outside of the city, they are still pretty rare for me to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.