Probably A Place You Don't Want To Go With Your Volt!
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Probably A Place You Don't Want To Go With Your Volt!

Default Probably A Place You Don't Want To Go With Your Volt!

How depressing. Forget about not wanting to go there in a Volt, I don't want to go there at all!
    Unfortunately, as the story points out, this happens across the nation

Holy crap!
    Cyber Gray, Std Wheels, Black Leather/White Console, Park Assist. Picked up May 2011
    B3320
    Best All Electric Miles: 54.2
    Lifetime: 46,590 miles, 147 MPG, Remaining Oil Life 69%
    Typical Commute: 60 miles
    30 day Stats: 1102 miles, 201
    MPG, 88% Electric, 12% gas, Saved 45 gal., 25 kW-hr/100 miles
    VOLT TIPS & SECRETS Free Volt Manual here: Owners Manual (PDF)

Advertisement

This is earth-shattering. You can't just avoid a few small towns, because every police force in the nation is stealing money from innocent victims. And the DC attorney general “warned that millions of dollars raised by forfeiture 'could very easily be lost' and 'an unreasonable burden' placed on his office” if the system was reformed? What about the rights of innocent citizens? I don't even want to live in this country anymore.
    2013 White Diamond Volt, fully loaded, built Dec 2012, delivered Dec 20, 2012, purchased Dec 31, 2012 (D-3520)

They should be called pirates, not law enforcement.

...and dang- that's a novel not a news report.
    D-20416 “Joulia” Viridian Joule, Pebble Beige, Nav/Bose/Safety 1 & 2 My Volt Stats TFM
    Born on 11/12/12, Hamtramck, MI | Arrived at dealer 12/19/12 Los Angeles, CA | Adopted 12/21/12 San Diego, CA
    Stablemate: 1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible "Mary" #8706 of the last 14,000 | Innsbruck Blue Metallic/White My Eldo Stats: 8 City/11 Highway

If i lived there I wouldnt bother looking for another country, I'd bee looking for another planet !!

I read the article, and it reminded me of a chapter of "Knight Rider", where he entered a town and saw a parked school bus which had its lights flashing, but there were no driver nor school children inside. Michael Knight stopped as the sign required, but passed the bus and was arrested. Later KITT freed itself from the city impound and Michael broke apart the town's illegal scheme (both the sheriff and the judge were arrested).

I wish I had a automated car, such as KITT, and drove it remotely in that town in the article. Then if the police followed the car and ordered the car to stop, I would stop it and lower the windows, showing that it had no driver to arrest! Then kept going until it was out of the city limits.
    Raymond
    No Volt or Spark EV yet

2009 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT
    1995 Buick Regal Limited sedan

A long, rambling work of fiction. With zero references, the story's veracity is suspect.
    L+Sport and just drive!

---—------—------—------—---
    2013 White Diamond (JaVolt)
    2010 HEMI RAM Quad Cab (Big Blu)
    L2 - GE WattStation
    iOS 7.1.2 on iPhone 5S. RemoteLink App version 1.9.10(910)
    http://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/3090

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
    This is earth-shattering. You can't just avoid a few small towns, because every police force in the nation is stealing money from innocent victims. And the DC attorney general “warned that millions of dollars raised by forfeiture 'could very easily be lost' and 'an unreasonable burden' placed on his office” if the system was reformed? What about the rights of innocent citizens? I don't even want to live in this country anymore.
    Unfortunately, this isn't new News to us in Texas. It's been this way since forever, here, and across the South. I'm not aware of it to this scale in northern states but, here, yeppers!

Another such place here is the hamlet of Florence, Texas. It's on a road that is a shortcut for soldiers going between Fort Hood and Austin, Texas. Legend has it (I say legend since I've never seen it with my own eyes) that the local police control the one red light by remote control to entrap out-of-towners with having run their light. The speed limit is STRICTLY enforced.

Florida also comes to mind along IH-95. It's legitimate that that highway is used for transporting drugs but a few departments take patrolling it to the extreme.

Selma, Tx., suburb of San Antonio on IH-35, also earned a reputation of just being a blatant speed trap until the State put a stop to the practice a few years back by legislating that a city could not exceed but a certain percentage of their yearly budget from traffic fines.

The Tenaha situation is just blatant extortion.
    Norm

Status - Build-date 16 Oct 2012
    Status - Delivery date 16 Nov 2012
    D13751 -VoltStats
    Solar-Powered
    Ham Radio-KA5AWP
    Volt Emergency Power Wiring Kit

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Loboc View Post
    A long, rambling work of fiction. With zero references, the story's veracity is suspect.
    Loboc, I have to agree with you about the "long, rambling" description. I wish there were a shorter summary of the article.

But work of fiction? No. I read about this situation about a year ago in another news report.

What kills me is that there aren't enough people upset about it to go after the pirates.
    2013 Volt 21Nov2012, Silver Topaz Metallic___2014 Spark EV 31Jan2014, Electric Blue___Fresno, CA
    VoltStats ___ Volt Forum FAQ ___ Volt Acronyms and Abbrev.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast