XM Radio Keeps Telling Me JayZ Is Playing
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XM Radio Keeps Telling Me JayZ Is Playing

Default XM Radio Keeps Telling Me JayZ Is Playing

So I picked up my Volt about a month ago, and it was a demo car for the local dealer. Well, I'm not sure if it's related to anything that was done, but every once in a while, no matter what audio input or what screen I'm on, I get a popup on the bottom of the center screen telling me that JayZ is playing on some XM channel, then a button to tune to it or cancel.

How do I get my car to stop telling me that JayZ is playing? I don't give a **** about that guy or his music, and I sure as crap don't want pop ups telling me his crap is playing on some channel.

I probably won't renew the XM subscription anyway. Maybe when they finally get around to expiring it, at least then I may stop getting the popups.
    Joined GM-Volt.com in 2008. Bought a Volt in 2013!

2013 Summit White

"The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside. Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them; the weak would become a prey to the strong." -Thomas Paine

This is a feature of XM Radio that allows you to set up a "Listen List" which informs you whenever a certain artist is played on any XM station. To disable this feature, select the XM source on the radio and then hit the Menu button. Once there you should see an option to turn on/off the play reminders (I forget the exact name on the button).

Cool, I poked around in the menu at a stop light, but didn't have the time to dig into it much. I'll see if I can do that when I get home this morning.

2013 Summit White

"The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside. Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them; the weak would become a prey to the strong." -Thomas Paine

Advertisement

Sirius allows users to browse and select their own channels, playlists and more to personalize the user experience. You need to delete this unwanted search. Unfortunately, every Sirius and XM radio ever made has a different poorly documented menu system. Your best bet is to check your vehicle's manual.

Not a JayZ fan, eh? Careful, the politically correct fan boys will take you to task for criticizing "one of the most financially successful hip-hop artists and entrepreneurs in America".

IMHO: people like Shawn Corey Carter release albums like "American Gangster", and the result is that other less intelligent people think its cool to thrill kill some other member of the underclass over a bag of pot. Rich and successful, but still a loser in my book.

I did not care for JayZ's wife's SuperBowl appearance either:

She's making a real contribution to our culture: ("Don’t get it twisted, get it twisted
    This my ****, bow down bitches").
    2012 / Silver Ice Metallic / Neutral Leather / Navigation / Bose / Hard Drive / Rear Camera / Park Assist / OnStar service / Sirius satellite radio / Polished Forged Wheels / Volt All Weather Rubber Floor Mats and Cargo Mat / Dual Cargo Nets / Volt Door Sill Plates / Battery Enhancement / StopSafe ECU (rear end accident avoidance system) / Diamond Gloss polymeric resin / Ziebart front bumper and hood paint protection film / XPel Door Edge and Doorsill Guards /
    James McQuaid

The PC police, onto ME??

I'd just respond "De gustibus non est disputandum"

2013 Summit White

Mine does that for The Rolling Stones. I haven't had time to study the ins and outs of XM. I finally got a few presets done after I had the car for two months.

Usually I just play the same old Rock station.
    L+Sport and just drive!

---—------—------—------—---
    2013 White Diamond (JaVolt)
    2010 HEMI RAM Quad Cab (Big Blu)
    L2 - GE WattStation
    iOS 8.1.2 on iPhone 6. RemoteLink App version 1.9.11(914)
    http://www.voltstats.net/Stats/Details/3090

Quote Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent View Post
    but every once in a while, no matter what audio input or what screen I'm on, I get a popup on the bottom of the center screen telling me that JayZ is playing on some XM channel, then a button to tune to it or cancel.
    It could be worse.

My Volt a few months ago, when XM was turned on, would switch back and forth between the Liberace Channel and the Reggae Station, when all I basically want to listen to is old rock and roll and Motown from the 60s and 70s.

Hey now! I love meh some reggae music. I just love that the station name is The Joint. LOL!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text