GM Volt Forum banner

Tax Credits / Looking for a new Volt Owner in the State of Oregon to brainstorm with!

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  PortlandZinMan 
#1 ·
Good day...

• I live in Portland Oregon.
  • I just purchased a 2013 Volt.
  • I just had a GE 240v Level 2 charger installed in my home.
  • I am hearing about some pretty nice tax credits from both state and federal that I we may be intitled to.
  • I am a tax idiot (have been using H&R Block for 20 years)

I am looking for one or more who are in the same situation to buddy up with to learn more about these credits and what it takes to apply/qualify for them. Any takers?

#2 ·
The federal situation is pretty simple. There is a $7500 tax credit for the purchase of the Volt. This credit is not subject to the Alternative Minimum Tax. There is also a 30% credit for the installation of a charging station. This credit is capped at $1000 and is subject to the AMT. If you use H&R Block they should know all about these credits.

No real idea about Oregon but there is a 25% credit for charging capped at $750.

Nissan has a nice database for incentives for electric vehicles. You can see what you're eligible for in Oregon here: http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/incentives/findIncentivesByRegion/Oregon

#3 ·
#4 ·
Slight thread hijack: if you install an EVSE yourself, can you count materials costs, in addition to the cost of the EVSE, towards the 30% federal credit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.