GM Volt Forum banner

49,995 volt in CA available for buyer

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  goyogi 
#1 ·
A dealership here in Nor Cal just got their volt. I think the msrp is around 44,100 They are tinting the windows and adding a protection coating to the paint. They are asking 49,995. I was planning on paying MSRP. Would anyone of this website pay that kind of markup?

#2 ·
Tell them to not mess with the windows or paint and sell at sticker like most other dealers. That dealer might regret marking up once the word gets around they are doing that. Could be seen as taking advantage of citizens that bailed them out......

#4 ·
Not surprised by these tactics. It's a given some dealers are going to try and take advantage of the vehicle's popularity, as well as try to tack on some worthless add-ons to try to justify the inflated price. Dealers are independent businesses, and by and large, a rather low-margin one at that (new cars, at least). I can sympathize with them wanting to make money, but I wouldn't pay any more than $500 over MSRP, and even that's debatable. I'm hoping to get mine before calendar 2012, but if I have to wait it out to avoid this flim-flammery, I'll gladly be patient for another year.

#6 ·
I paid $2k over MSRP and received my Volt in the first trucked delivery (12/15/10), the first and only Volt to my dealer even though when I ordered they said my order was #4 of their 7 car allotment. Did my premium move me to the head of the line???? I hope so and I have enjoyed my Volt at least $2000.00 worth since taking delivery. For this ground breaking and technology advanced car I feel it was worth every penny. The service and purchasing experience at the dealer was first class in every way, not like the ugly penny pinching experience found at some dealers.

#7 ·
I've seen Prius's marked up several thousand dollars at the Toyota dealers, so why not mark up a brand new model car like the "car of the year" - Volt. Personally I did not buy one above MSRP, but if someone else wants one quickly and pays for the convenience I think it is ok for a dealer to charge what they want. Let the market place decide what the price should be. The market place decided our price was MSRP. Remember, price controls can cut both ways !

VIN# 313

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.