GM Volt Forum banner

Feedback on dealers and pricing in San Francisco bay area, CA?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  voltowner 
#1 ·
Hello all!

I have been lurking on this forum for a few weeks researching the Volt. Thanks to all the great information posted by you, I am planning to purchase a Volt hopefully this week.

Does anyone in the San Francisco bay area have recent experiences with purchasing a Volt? If so, would you be willing to share any feedback on dealers and the pricing you got? I am in South bay if that helps.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I tried to lease our first Volt and buy our second Volt in the Bay Area and ended up leasing the first one from a Woodland Motors in Sacramento and buying the second from Rydell in SoCal. The NorCal dealers I spoke with included Capitol Chevrolet, Putnam GM, Fremont Chevrolet and Boardwalk in RWC. Boardwalk and Fremont were the most competitive on price but still couldn't do what Rydell could do. If I were in the market today, I'd probably start with Boardwalk.

#3 · (Edited)
We are in the SF bay area and bought ours 3 month ago.

At the time I spent a couple of weeks emailing all the dealers in the bay area and using an excel spreadsheet to reverse engineer all the lease numbers I was getting.

In the end and at that time the best offer ended up being from FH Dailey in San Leandro, with Putnam and Fremont Chevrolet close behind.

From reading this forum it looks like offers have improved somewhat since we bought.

The key is to keep a discussion going with many of them as at one point one may have an extra incentive for end of the month quota / GM contest and such.

FH Dailey was great to deal with except for one thing which is that after agreeing on an absolute money down amount, and after signing all the papers, their Finance guy brought up the Ally lease protection insurance which we felt cornered to take without having an opportunity to research, and that ended up adding something like $25 to our monthly payment.

#4 ·
best prices for a Volt

I leased my Volt from Gilroy Chevy and I was very impressed with the entire transaction. I had tried to lease my 2012 Volt about 1.5 years ago and I kept on getting the run around from various local dealers. Boardwalk was the worst (maybe they have changed since then), but they were the masters at bait and switch and after agreeing to purchase a specific car, I walked out when they tried to slip in a few changes.

Much of my dealing was on the internet. I told the folks at Gilroy the specifics of the car I wanted and I knew from the computer that they had the exact car I was looking for. I supplied them with the prices I had been offered from local dealers (including the trade) and they matched the prices and increased the trade in deal by $500 (sight unseen). Everything went very smoothly and I walked out of the dealer not feeling like I needed a long shower! Send me a PM if you want more details about the dealership. Good luck. I'm paying $393 a month (including tax) for three year lease, 12,000 miles a year. Car is fully loaded. Nothing down. They gave me a check for my trade in.

#5 · (Edited)
Maybe Novato in Northbay -- I'm not sure all details of rebates/discounts included (taxes obviously excluded) but in skimming Craigslist ads they do seem pretty competitive. Otherwise Capitol seems to be passing along a fair fraction of the incentives out there -- as does McConnell out in Healdsburg now that I'm looking

#6 ·
I purchased my Volt at Victory Chevrolet in Petaluma and if I was going to buy or lease another Volt (or any GM made car...I support American made vehicles, because I support our nation) I would definetly do business with them again. Ask For Ron H. Fleet Sales manager and is a very knowledgeable person about the vehicles. I got a great deal, Ron got me my payment plan that I was very comfortable with, actually was lower than I thought because he worked on raising my trade in and yada yada yada. It maybe a drive for you since you ar ein San Jose, I know what its like I work in Mt View. Give em a shout

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.