GM Volt Forum banner

Android / iOS apps for Volt ownership..

4K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  OnStar Advisor 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked 10 million times but again, for July 2013, what Android or iOS apps should I have installed that will enhance my Volt owning experience?

thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
1. OnStar MyLink aka Remote Link
2. VoltDC

And while not an app consider joining VoltStats.net. It polls your car twice a day via OnStar and collects and reports your usage statistics.

#3 ·
I also go to MyVolt.com. But it's a PITA on a small screen browser.

The stats they have in excel format are pretty nice to have. You need to download them once a month as they only keep a rolling 30-days online.

#10 ·
i just got my volt last week, but i've already signed up for chargepoint (just waiting for my cards to come, already created an account and put in the $25 minimum deposit)...i do like that you can use chargepoint with any contactless payment, not just the chargepoint cards. i used it today with my phone (google wallet) since i haven't gotten my cards yet. downloading blink now, based on recommendations here...

i also have been using recargo - what's the difference between this and plugshare?

#13 ·
EV Charger Locator

Another app I found quite useful is the EV Charger Locator app. It is a very simple locator map with directions. If you don't want all the social media, forums, and so on other apps you might like this app as it is nice and simple. You have to look at the settings->Info for the legend which lets you know what the colors mean (no live data, available, in use, etc.). It does show Blink, ChargePoint, and other charging stations. A very nice app IMO.

#14 ·
Curious if anyone is using DashCommand with an ODB-II transmitter for the iPhone with the Volt. I saw in their tech support forum that they were waiting for a Volt owner to return a list of PIDs. Is there another iPhone app that supports all of the Volt's PIDs?

#16 ·
iumichael,

Congrats on your new Volt!

The Windows compatible version of the RemoteLink application hasn't been released yet, but we've got it in the works. As soon as we have a release date I'll be sure to let you know.

Let me know if you have any additional questions about your system.

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.