Google trends: chevrolet volt, chevy volt, nissan leaf

262K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  Steverino 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
That's pretty cool!

#4 ·
#5 ·
#6 ·
Is it possible to create a data point based on the sum of search terms?

Something like a single line for ("Chevrolet Volt" OR "Chevy Volt" OR "GM Volt") would be more accurate as neither Ford nor Nissan have multiple common names likely to turn up in search terms.

#8 ·
Unfortunately, these metrics are vulnerable to hype and tampering, so I put little value in them. I've watched internet activists and hacktivists swarm movies, music, videos, products, etc. before, just to create buzz and force a bump in traffic, just to attempt to claim an early victory. Sometimes it even works, but autos are just too important an item to be influenced by such hype. It may generate initial sales, but sales will fall off a cliff if the vehicle does not serve the driver's lifestyle / utility.

#9 ·
An interesting point shows up because I had to separate 'chevrolet volt' and 'chevy volt'. The latter is much more popularly used? I'm surprised.

12 month chart (link)

#11 ·
12 month charge link above shows volt, leaf and focus. Interesting that the "GM offers lower-priced 2012 Chevy Volt" timing bumped the Leaf quite a bit.

#13 · (Edited)
#14 ·
#17 ·
scottf200, You now need to add Ford C-Max Energi and Ford Fusion Energi to the list.
Looks like you can only do 5. I thought the Ford C-Max Energi would be good.
Volt, LEAF, C-Max Energi, Model S

Speaking to the obvious, we have a downward trend through 2012, but sales went up.
I would guess because of less bashing and negative type of articles. It'll level out more for a better comparison from interested searchers (IMO).

#21 ·
Welcome to the forum. Is your Harley electric. LOL

#24 · (Edited)
For one thing, here is GA the Leaf selling/leasing like hot cakes do to the big rebate from the state of $5000 plus $7500 from Feds at time of lease now that makes that car pretty cheap compared to a volt before you even drive of the lot. So far this year they have sold 4000 leafs here in GA mostly in Atlanta.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.