ChargePoint America - Received acceptance and the agreement to sign
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ChargePoint America - Received acceptance and the agreement to sign

Default ChargePoint America - Received acceptance and the agreement to sign

So SPX contacted me yesterday and said my survey would be looked at and evaluated. This morning I got an email with the agreement to sign and get back to them, so I definitely qualify for one of the free charge stations. The question I have is, I thought the DoE grant covered the installation, as well as the unit. In the agreement it says the end user is solely responsible for paying for installation. I really don't have the money to spend on the installation, and was only going to go through the process if the entire process [or at least partial process] was covered under the grant. Anyone know of any way to see if it is covered? I can't really find much info on the DoE website. Maybe I should email them and see if there are any other incentives?

I was told by SPX that the not all will qualify for installation but they were not able to tell why some do and some don't.

I decided to save up and buy the Voltec Charger and install it myself. Less the $500.

Jerry

Are there any free chargers available outside of the 9 metropolitan roll-out areas? I'm in NY state, but not near NYC. The ChargePoint America program specifies chargers are only available in 9 cities of the 9 states.
    Hidden Content - Provide backup power to essential appliances.
    Hidden Content - Keep yourself from getting unplugged!
    Hidden Content - Keep yourself from getting unplugged!

Join thE REVolution
    2011 Volt #186, VIN: B-00186, Cyber Gray Metallic - TRADED! 28k miles, 9k engine, 120MPG
    2013 Volt #43404, Blue Topaz Metallic

Driving for FREE with Solar PV!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

I don't think so Clarkson. I think even I got lucky getting approved, as my zip was not in their system, I called them up because I am only 10 minutes from NYC. They said it was a mistake and that it should have been in the system. Who knows, maybe they realized a suburban location would be good too.

As to my situation, they couldn't tell me if I qualified for free installation the other day. Maybe I'll try calling them back again on Monday and try to get clarification. I also sent an email to the DoE asking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltGuy View Post
    I was told by SPX that the not all will qualify for installation but they were not able to tell why some do and some don't.

I decided to save up and buy the Voltec Charger and install it myself. Less the $500.

Jerry
    Shoot me you email in a PM and I'll send you a copy of the Voltec charger installation instructions so you can prepare and plan. I tried to post it as its a smaller PDF file (625K) but unfortunately the forum limits PDFs to 19.5K (VERY small)

WopOnTour

Wop, if you want, just use mediafire.com to serve a public download file, very easy and convenient.

photo.jpgyup that's what I'm doing as well, purchase the Voltec EVSE and install myself.
    It would be nice to have this done before I recive my car next month, come on SPX where are they??

Ok so here's the installation instructions for the 240VAC Charger
    (my thanks to Lyle for altering the PDF size limit)

Please do not post this anywhere else online (we know who you are and we'll find you....)

Also please keep in mind the drilling template wont likely print to scale
    It's an 11/64" (~4.37mm) drill bit measured out vertically to 9 13/32" (~239.95mm)
    Enjoy
    WOT
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WopOnTour; 11-14-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: wrong drill bit size

Wow peace of cake install, thank you for posting WOT.

Airton

12. Advertisement

I have heard that the cost of installation can be added as a deduction on your taxes since it's in preparation for a significant efficiency improvement. I sure hope that's true, but at least for the Volt, I can see that most folks will be able to get by without the 220 charger.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text