GM Volt Forum banner

What is your Volt replacing?

53K views 233 replies 200 participants last post by  mikeabd 
#1 · (Edited)
There is always so much talk about the Volt never paying for itself (whatever the heck that means for an auto with no close peer). It would interesting to hear from Volt orderers what car the Volt will be replacing.

Current Tally of of 5/26/12:
119 conquest
34 GM (16 Chevy, 18 other GM brand)
29 hybrid (13 Prius)

#217 ·
Replacing 2011 Ford Edge Sport. I took a hit on ending my lease early. The savings in gasoline will help offset that. No regrets. I'm like a kid again with the excitement I get from owning my new Volt

#220 ·
2004 Acura RSX Type-S

It was a great car, but a bit uncomfortable (totally flat seat). The RSX is very slow off the line very fast once up to speed. The Volt is fast off the line and pretty fast when up to speed. The RSX is a dream to drive on the mountain roads (that's my commute), I'm still getting used to the Volt. It seems OK, but is made more for mileage than extreme handling. That's fine by me, because I really shouldn't be pretending that I'm on a race course each morning and evening.

I was spending $14 dollars a day for the commute, now I think I'm spending about $4.50. My work charges the Volt for free :) You gotta love that!

#221 ·
Current Tally of of 8/19/12:
148 conquest
42 GM (19 Chevy, 23 other GM brand)
30 hybrid (13 Prius)

Conquest up 1% to 78% but most interesting is that only one hybrid replacement of the last 37. Could be an indication that sales are moving past the early adopters and becoming more mainstream.

#231 ·
2006 Nissan Titan (14 mpg). Technically not replacing because I am keeping the Titan, but now use the volt as my primary vehicle. Also recently replaced my 2003 Honda pilot (about 19 mpg) with 2012 Toyota Camry hybrid (also a great car). With these 2 vehicles (volt and Camry hybrid) we will probably cut our gas usage by about 75%.

Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.