GM Volt Forum banner

It was fun while it lasted :(

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Wolfman 
#1 ·
Well, I'm going to be heading out of town shortly, so I filled the tank with gas. 1410.4 miles on 3.9 gallons of gas. I guess I'll just have to "live" with a "measely" 361.6 mpg. ;)

I love this car. It has been a dream come true to be able to have an EV where I want it, and still have the capacity to take the same vehicle anywhere I want. Tomorrow will find me in Gardiner MT., sitting at our "cabin" while the car gets a fresh load of electrons for offsetting a majority of the gas we would otherwise use while enjoying this Country's first National Park. :cool:

#2 ·
Awesome... we've only had ours a couple weeks and I really like it. Great complement to the leaf. Regrettably we did have to use 15 gallons on a 600 mile road trip but that's half what the car it replaced would have used, and there's been another 400 miles on electric.

EV purists may look down their noses at this car but I think it's a pragmatic stopgap solution for the next several years until battery technology costs come down and infrastructure is built out.

#14 · (Edited)
Yup. Feel free to use the quote.

Thank you for the invite to your radio show. I will be asleep at that time as we leave early Friday morning to head home, so I won't be able to participate.

#4 · (Edited)
Have a couple of us on, why not?

My Stats- 17,506 miles, 18 or so gallons of gas!

Source- VoltStats.net

Amazing Chev

# 99 or so.

Remember, VoltStats is an OnStar DataDump representing just 5% of the pushing 40,000 Volt EREV's in North America who have willingly given the web master or OnStar LogIn.

ps- I sell and lease em as well!

Best-

Thomas J. Thias

Sundance Chevrolet Inc.

517-622-6081

Twitter.com/AmazingChevVolt

#5 ·
That's how I felt 2 weeks ago when I had my second fuel maintenance mode. I managed to go over 28,000 miles on 4.6 gallons. I ended up burning my entire tank off so I would not have to go through another fuel maintenance mode again. When I "filled up", I only added 1.2 gallons.

#7 ·
Nah, wouldn't think of it. I love my Volt too much!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.