GM Volt Forum banner

Tracking Your Volt Order

829K views 3K replies 200 participants last post by  18961 
#1 · (Edited)
I apologize if this has been posted before, I searched and did not see it.

There is a site you can use to track your Volt prior to the myvolt site going live. This site was originally set-up for Camaro enthusiasts but they have opened it up to us new Volt purchasers.

They ask you to register so I would assume there will be some spam at some point but I registered a week ago and haven't seen any yet. There is no charge for the service. No I am not affiliated with it in anyway. I found it doing a goggle search.

A day or two after you register they will let you know the code that applies to your order. All Volt codes at this point are still sitting at code 1100 "preliminary order entered". The next code lets you know that the order has been prioritized by the dealer per allocation and accepted by Chevrolet. ( I think that is right, code 2000?)

When this happens they will email you and let you know your order is moving forward. Of course you can keep up with this by calling the Volt hot line also. I am lazy and like to have someone do the work for me.

You can find the site at http://www.camarotracking.com/

Jerry

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Cool! Thanks Jerry. I entered in my order number, but it just has a null (blank) status. As you say, I should see something in a day or two. I hope that counts weekend days :)

(Update Saturday morning: I'm now showing code 1100 -- Preliminary order accepted. Eeeeexcellent.)

My notes agree with what you said about the code 2000. After I get a report from this system, I'll call up my dealer and re-confirm that he'll be entering me as #1.

I searched their forums, not a peep about the Volt.

#3 ·
Note that this isn't a GM site, camarotracking.com is registered to a John Murphy in Monroe, Ohio. I'm not sure how accurate the info is or if the site is really trustworthy with personal info. Seems kind of suspicious but could indeed be up-and-up.

#4 ·
MyVolt.com is now active - but order tracking?

This website is now active and VERY interesting, but I do not see the order tracking app. There is PLENTY of functionality, but it seems primarily oriented to people who have already taken delivery of a Volt.

#5 ·
This website is now active and VERY interesting, but I do not see the order tracking app. There is PLENTY of functionality, but it seems primarily oriented to people who have already taken delivery of a Volt.
I saw this text, but not "MyVolt.com is now active" bit in the post's title until I reexamined it.

I noticed that myvolt.com seems to be up, too. There seems to be no way to log in, though, without an Onstar account number.

#6 ·
The Camarotracking.com site is being updated. It now has the ability to display a much more complete listing of your order than previously.
Mine:
Options and Accessories
*Please Note: content shown may not include all your options and accessories. See dealer for complete list.

Digital Audio System
•U2K XM Radio
Radio
•UFV Audio System With Navigation
Sales Processing
•SLL Sold Order Processing Code
Steering Wheel
•NK5 STEERING WHEEL STANDARD
Engine
•LUU Range Extender. 1.4L Internal Combustion Engine
Primary Color
•GBE Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat
Suspension System
•FE2 SUSPENSION SYSTEM RIDE, HANDLING
Trim Seat
•EEY TRIM SEAT CLOTH, WIRED
Miscelanious Details
•1SZ Discount Option Package
•UVC Rearview Camera System
•UD5 Park Assist, Front And Rear, Ultrasonic
•R9Z CONTROL SALES ITEM NO.100
•R9N CONTROL SALES ITEM NO. 89
•R6J CONTROL SALES ITEM NO. 10
•PCW Rear Camera And Park Assist
•E2C Processing Code, OTD Expedite
Speaker System
•UQA Bose Premium Speaker System
Communication System
•UE1 OnStar
Wheel
•RSB Wheels, 17" 5-spoke Forged Painted Aluminum
Transmission
•MKA Electric Drive Unit, 16 KWh Lithium-ion Battery
Brake System
•J60 BRAKE SYSTEM POWER, FRT & RR DISC, ABS, 16"
Certification
•FE9 Emissions, Federal Requirements
Country
•EF7 US Country Code
Interior Trim Config
•AFA Jet Black Cloth Interior/Black Accents

#12 ·
However, I thought that the Interior Option, AFA, was Black Cloth with White Ceramic Accents. The order says Black and Black. What's correct?
I posted about the same discrepancy a couple of months ago, but it didn't get much traction.
I guess you and I are the only ones worried about it.

My status is also stuck at 1100, though I haven't used the camarotracking/chevroletconnects site.
My order date is fairly early (08/02/2010) so I thought I had a decent shot to be an mover, but I guess not.

#10 ·
OK, I see the site changes now (and I'm still at 1100). Looks like they are changing their name to the more generalized www.chevroletconnects.com . Fortunately the old URLs forward properly and still work.

#11 ·
Order Tracking

Like Chris, I'm still at 1100. The info is difficult to read, blended into the Volt photo. Maybe the site maintenance will improve that. Looks like the info will be good once its done.

08/06/2010 - (1100) Order placed at Dealership waiting for submission to Manufacturer

#14 ·
The Camaro Tracking site (now called Chevrolet Connects) has fixed their formatting problem and the text is all properly visible now.

The order details tab there is a nice feature!

And in super duper good news (for me), my dealer just called me and said that my order had "advanced" somehow in the system and I could expect to see the order status change next week. I think she said that the weekly order churn activity happens on Tuesday and Wednesday, and by Thursday I should see the actual order code change.

(faints from excitement)

#17 ·
UPDATE!!! My Dealer called yesterday and said that my order status has changed. GM has accepted my order and is scheduling its production. I checked the Chevrolet Order Tracking site this morning and indeed, my status has changed:

10/07/2010 - (2000) Order accepted by Manufacturer into production process

I'm told that I'm number 1 in the dealer's allotment, so I'm psyched!

#18 · (Edited)
Me too! This morning I've moved to 2000!

(drops to knees and sobs)

As I posted above, my dealer said I should have a build date late next week. Then I can start to plan my fall ... I'm also #1 at my dealer, but a long distance purchaser, so I need to plan my trip to DC ...

An aside on timing ... my CamaroTracking status says "Status: 10/07/2010 - (2000) ..." and "Checked on: 10/08/2010". I've been checking the CT site a couple times a day and I KNOW that I checked it late last night. This implies that my status changed Thursday but CT didn't see it until today. Soooo, CT has a one-day lag. My status at chevrolet.com hasn't changed yet, but I expect I'll see that happen today. I'm not complaining, just presenting data. :)

#19 ·
I'll now repost something that I had put into another thread: how to correlate the order status codes with the simplified status shown on the chevrolet.com site.

Here is how to interpret the codes:

1.) Order Placed
0 – Order
501 – Order Configuration Added
1000 – Order Request Accepted by GM
1100 – Preliminary Order Accepted

2.) Vehicle Being Produced
2000 – Accepted by GM
3000 – Accepted by Production Control
3100 – Available to Sequence
3300 – Scheduled for Production

3.) Production Complete
3400 – Broadcast
3800 – Produced

4.) Shipped / En Route
4000 – Available to Ship
4150 – Original Invoice
4200 – Shipped

5.) Delivered to Dealer
5000 – Delivered to Dealer

#25 · (Edited)
I advanced to 2500 ("Order Preferenced") yesterday, and it showed up on the CamaroTracking site this morning.

On the chevrolet.com site, order tracking had me only at "order placed" through yesterday, and only advanced me to "vehicle being produced" this morning. Therefore ...

2.) Vehicle Being Produced
2000 – Accepted by GM
3000 – Accepted by Production Control
... I think the 2000 status is still treated as just "order placed" by the chevrolet.com tracking system.

Either that or there's a big ole 6 day lag in their updates! Either way, it seems that camarotracking site may be quite a bit faster.

Also, for reference, here is another listing of order status codes, showing a few more that are missing from my post above.

#23 ·
Where to Buy Volt first wave

The tracking system says my order was placed on Aug 6, 2010 (Actually placed order well before that). Am still at code 1100. Dealer says I am first in line at dealership and that he has an allotment of 8 Volts in the first wave and 4 more in the second wave starting in March of 2011.

The interesting part is that the dealer says he has only sold 3 of his initial allotment of 8. It might be possible for someone to purchase a Volt now and still get in on the first wave.

The Dealership is in the Washington DC Market Area.

Country Chevrolet
11 E Lee Hwy
Warrenton, VA 20186-2299
(540) 347-9000

The Sales Manager is Steve.

He is selling at MSRP.

Jim K

#29 · (Edited)
Like Chris, yesterday I got a notice that my status had changed. I checked the tracking site and indeed, I had moved to 2500. I got another email today, so I again checked and now I'm moved up to 3000!

10/14/2010 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.

WOW! It's really coming!

#33 · (Edited)
WOW! A nice lady named Sarah called me today and gave me an update on my Volt order. I am still at 3000, but I can expect to receive it between Thanksgiving and Christmas! COOL! She also transferred me over to another nice lady, Jen at SPX. SPX is making the 240VAC charging stations. Jen explained that SPX is offering the free charging stations to the first 4000 volt owners accepted into their program. She directed me to their website to complete their survey. SGX website: www.homecharging.spx.com/volt

For Firefox users, I changed the backslash to a regular slash. See if that link works??! Jen told me to use backslash, but my Explorer works both ways.

#35 ·
Confirmed. Too bad. (wags finger at sloppy website management)

#36 ·
The formatting of the link works just fine in Firefox... the problem is with the website itself. Here is the warning:

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to www.homecharging.spx.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?
If you usually connect to
this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

www.homecharging.spx.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

Basically firefox is telling us that there's no way to trust that this site is legit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.