Tracking Your Volt Order
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 305 FirstFirst 1 44 84 94 104 144 194 305 LastLast

Thread: Tracking Your Volt Order

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyconnects View Post
    Here is an odd one. A car going to VA that was trucked to New Boston to be turned over to CSX. Perhaps this will be the new norm?
    VIN: 1G1RD6E43BU100284
    Pro: 76308530
    Ship Date: 2010-12-15
    Ship Time: 4:51 am
    Del Date: 0000-00-00
    Del Time: am
    Ship To: NZ
    Dealer Name: CSX NEW BOSTON RAILHEAD
    City: NEW BOSTON
    State: MI
    Quote Originally Posted by dankumm View Post
    right but what about east coast. Looks like either the VA car was an anamoly or the 'new norm' is to rail the rest of the cars there as well.
    I don't think it's an anomaly. My car (#341) looks the same in Cassens and is also going to northern Virginia.

If we could figure out the correct railcar number (something like ETTX700284) we could follow its progress with CSX's tracking system.

Sorry ssj4, but there are 3 silver, 1 white, 1 cyber grey, 1 red left on the truck.

I guess you are on a different truck?

Guess so. No worries. Hopefully tomorrow I find out exactly when I can go in and start my paperwork. The dealership called me about an hour ago and said they should have the car tomorrow, but he doesn't like giving hard dates and times, lol.
    BLACK VOLT #218 - "PESTILENCE"

Advertisement

I was just about to start preparing for a post-Christmas delivery. And now, hooray!

VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXX00043
    Pro: 76306860
    Ship Time: 7:41 am
    Ship To: 1302428
    Dealer Name: MARITIME MOTORS OF FAIRFI
    City: FAIRFIELD
    State: CT

Quote Originally Posted by RevnRev View Post
    I was just about to start preparing for a post-Christmas delivery. And now, hooray!

VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXX00043
    Pro: 76306860
    Ship Time: 7:41 am
    Ship To: 1302428
    Dealer Name: MARITIME MOTORS OF FAIRFI
    City: FAIRFIELD
    State: CT
    That's awsome RevnRev, congrats! I'm not sure what to expect anymore. Maybe mine will be shipped on a plane or boat.

My #408 apparently went to 3800 on December 8, so I am one week into my two-week QA...?

Assuming the logjam has been broken....
    #408. Initial order: 07.29.10. Took delivery: 01.05.11.

Ok everyone...it looks like we may need this info:
    Once you get your railcar number from the Volt Advisor you may use these automated lines to track your car on the rail.
    Do not talk to live people with the railroad or GM will stop giving out railcar information and put an end to you all being able to track.
    CSX can be used to track all the way to California if you wish. Everything east of the Mississippi is CSX Everything west of the Mississippi will transfer to UP.

How do I track my car on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by GM is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we will lose our data and ability to track
    CSX
    1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352 1-800-235-2352
    2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
    3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX (whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
    4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 or key in whatever your car number is
    5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
    6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
    1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
    2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
    3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example ETTX123456 all together
    4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again.

What do common Railroad terms mean?

Delivered at Interchange
    May switch tracks or the like then on to the next stop
    After the interchange you may need to call Union Pacific. The railcar may change carriers.
    Delivered at Industry
    This is the end of the Rail journey. Rail Car is waiting to be unloaded. Then the Car is just waiting on a truck for the last leg.
    ON HOLD
    Hold can be anything, no real way to know why it is on HOLD. If it is a prolonged length of time contact the general manager and ask the reason
    Bad Order
    There is something wrong with the rail car (not your car)….a mechanical failure or the like.
    CSX SHIPPING STATUS
    Only two possible status for CSX ONHOLD OR SHIPPABLE
    Constructively placed
    Rail car has been put on a side track waiting to hook up to next ride or to another area depending on the situation
    Placed at Customer Location
    "placed at customer location" is in a position at the terminal to be unloaded. Is waiting to get moved over to the unloading area
    WAY BILLED
    The waybill update just means that they have the paper work for the railcar to continue
    Diverted in Transit
    Change in destination or routing OR instructions- may be a change in destination, route, name of consignee, name of consignor,
    party to notify, etc. It is a change in instruction. It doesn’t mean the train itself is diverted. It could be something as simple
    as a change made in the paperwork
    Good luck everyone and if you have any problems just post up your railcar number and one of the team or another forum member will probably step up and help you out.

Larry

I called a Volt Advisor about 4:15 PST and they did not have any railcar information for my order at this time. They show the same bayed status as the Chevroletconnects.com website, so I concluded that today's data from Cassens hasn't been entered into the system. I will wait until I see an advance to the next status at Chevroletconnects.com. The advisor left a message for my advisor to call when the railcar data is available.

Has there been a comment on what status number will appear when the Volt is on the train?

Default It's Here !!!

Yaaaaay!!!!! It's here. Arrived at the dealer 2:00 PM. I get to pick it up tomorrow if they get all the paperwork from GM

Jim K.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jimcking; 12-17-2010 at 07:02 AM.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jimcking View Post
    Yaaaaay!!!!! It's here. Arrived at the dealer 3:30PM. I get to pick it up tomorrow if they get all the paperwork from GM

Jim K.
    Fantastic, congratulations, Jim!