Tracking Your Volt Order
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 305 FirstFirst 1 3 13 23 63 113 305 LastLast

Thread: Tracking Your Volt Order

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    At the Raleigh drive event I had a chance to talk to Mickey Bly. I mentioned my build week (Nov 15-19) and he said that would put me in the first 50 cars.
    That's a very intesting tid-bit. Jerry's TPW is 11/1/10, and he's reportedly one of the first. Your and my TPW is 11/15/10, and if we're in the first 50 A) We are very lucky :-), and B) They're only building around 15 cars a week (or so) at startup.

I found out what my TPW date is (11/29/10) still keeping my fingers crossed for a 2010 Delivery.
    Thanks for your help Chris,
    Airton

Finally made it to the 3400 Club!

08/06/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
    08/06/2010 - (1102) Order Entered via Web
    08/23/2010 - (2030) Order edited or modified
    09/20/2010 - (2030) Order edited or modified
    09/24/2010 - (2030) Order edited or modified
    10/19/2010 - (2030) Order edited or modified
    10/22/2010 - (2000) Order Accepted by GM Dealer used allocation to place order into production
    10/26/2010 - (2500) Order Preferenced Order pulled to the production system
    10/26/2010 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
    11/02/2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
    11/02/2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
    11/02/2010 - (3300) Order Scheduled for Production Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle
    11/03/2010 - (3400) Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Paperwork Order Produced) Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together

#1 at Wash DC Market Area dealer.

Volt Advisor Sara said vehicle will be produced in late December or Early January. Sure hope it will be sooner. I was counting on the $7,500 tax rebate.

Jim K.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

From Southern California:
    I learned something new from my sales guy yesterday....."Once the code is at 3800, a vin number is attached to the car."..that came from the dealer's inventory controller, who also said that at this point there is no E.T.A set up yet for my order.
    I am at 3400.

Sections below:
    - ChevroletConnects tracking system
    - Chevrolet.com order tracking
    - longer explanations of status code meanings, including many links to more information!
    - railcar tracking

So don't miss the good stuff at the bottom!

ChevroletConnects tracking system

There is a site called CamaroTracking.com (aka CT, aka GMtracking, aka ChevroletConnects) that is connected to the GM system and can give you the "status code" on your order. Note that they are independent from GM. You do need to register with an email address, and then provide your 6-character order code from GM. It will then give you complete information about your order, including status code history. Note it takes a couple days after you first register for them to get the data the first time.

The CamaroTracking site is much better than chevrolet.com because:
    - it gives you finer-grained view on what's happening with your car
    - they seems to be updated a lot faster
    - once you've tracked it once, you can recheck by going to the URL that has your email in it, unlike at Chevrolet.com where you have to rekey your order number
    - they send you an email when there a change in your status code, although that email mechanism was broken for a week or two in early November, fixed 18-Nov
    - the CT admin comes here occasionally, for example he's posted why some orders get tracked slower than others and how often they get updated status information.

Here is a post from mid-Nov that explains every possible code, with the significant milestones bolded:

1000 Production Order On Hold at Dealership
    1100 Production Order Placed at Dealership (Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order)
    1101 Production Order Entered into System
    1102 Production Order Entered via Web
    2000 Production Order Accepted by GM (Dealer used allocation to place order into production)
    2001 Production Order Generated to Dealer
    2005 Production Order Replaced with Prospect Order
    2500 Production Order Preferenced (Order pulled to the production system)
    3000 Production Order Accepted By Production Control (Order input into the production system)
    3100 Production Order available to sequence.
    3300 Production Order Scheduled for Production (Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle)
    3400 Production Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Paperwork Order Produced) (Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together)
    3800 Production Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping. (Order is built and VIN# shows in the Dealer Order system now)
    4000 Production Vehicle available to ship
    4104 Production Bailment Invoice Created
    4106 Production Bailment Released
    4B00 Production Your car is bayed and is waiting for transportation by Truck, Rail or transfer to vendor
    4150 Production Invoiced (Order is invoiced to the dealer)
    4200 Production Shipped (Vehicle is shipped to the dealer or point of delivery)
    4300 Production Interm transfer; processing transfer to QC or vendor
    4800 Production Rail Ramp Unload
    4V03 Production Estimated Delivery Date
    5000 Production Delivered To Dealer
    6000 Production Delivered To Customer or dealer has completed customer paperwork
    6010 Production Delivered and final paperwork assigned

misc:
    0000 Production Order showing as cancelled please contact your dealer.
    0001 Production Invalid order number Please contact your dealer and check your order number.
    0500 Production Dealer stock order not entered into system Please contact your dealer and see if another order number was assigned.
    CT000 Production Vehicle has been entered into the system and will be updated the following business day in most cases.
    2030 Production Order edited or modified
    2050 Production Order changed or modified
    9000 Production Order showing as cancelled please contact your dealer.
    Chevrolet.com order tracking

Chevrolet.com also has its own order tracking capability, but it's much more coarse, and actually has been broken since October. You enter your 6-character order number and they give you a simplified status report.

Longer explanations of status code meanings, including many links to more information

Status code 1100 means that your dealer has made a preliminary entry of your order into the GM system. GM hasn't accepted the order for production yet, and it could be a long time before they do. Note that code 1102 is the same thing, and does not signify any advancement. See also the separate post on the launch markets and why your order hasn't moved off 1100/1102 yet.
    Status code 2000 means that your dealer and GM have agreed on one of the dealer's Volt allocation slots to assign your order to. It may sit at this code for a long time, like a month or so.
    Status code 3000 means that your order has been finalized, and you can no longer make any changes to it (e.g. color, interior). You should see 3400 soon, in a week or two. The TPW may have been assigned by now (see below for more about TPWs). Code 3100 will show up just before you go to 3400.
    Status code 3400 means that GM has sequenced the car in the production plan, and that your order now definitely has a TPW (see below for much more about TPWs). So far it has taken about 2-3 weeks to go from 3400 to 3800 (ref), but some builds will take quite a bit longer (4-5 weeks) if they have to take the car off the line to wait for missing resources. One poor guy had to wait 56 days, but that was just a GM screwup.
    Status code 3800 means that the car has officially completed production, and the VIN has been assigned, and you can find that VIN on the CT site. Now, for example, you can decode the VIN, and you can start making insurance arrangements. However your car may remain in holding at the plant for quite some time as they do quality checks on it. All cars built for the first month of production were held until suddenly being released on Dec 13th. Since that first crush of shipments, we've seen cars move out as fast as one day to as long as three weeks. Sorry, welcome to Area 51.
    Status code 4B00 means that the car is staged for shipping. So either it has been released from the factory holding lot and has been handed off to the first shipper, or it is in holding between shippers (e.g. truck -> rail -> truck). If you are seeing this for the first time then it's only a day or so until your car leaves Hamtramck. Sometime you will see a couple 4B00 entries in a row as they rescan the car at the yard. Around now you should be able to click on your VIN at gmtracking.com and see your official window sticker.
    Status code 4150 means that the dealer has been invoiced for the car. The window sticker for your car is usually available online (where?) a few days after this event; prior to that it just defaults to the Forbidden screen.
    Status code 4200 means the car has officially shipped from the factory. You should soon get calls from your Volt Advisor and your dealer giving you the official word. Ask them how it shipped, and if by rail then get the railcar number from them. The Volt Advisor may not be able to give you the railcar info, but the dealer can get it and don't let them tell you they can't. Our resident tracking expert ChevyConnects has posted here about what to expect with shipment status codes, and and you can get railcar tracking info here.

Status code 2030 is a special code that indicates that they just edited your order in the system. It does NOT indicate any kind of progress. So if your status history says 1100, 1102, 2030, 2030, 2030, you need to ignore those 2030 entries because your status is really 1100/1102.

We've noticed that Thursday mornings at 6am EST seems to be when a lot of status code updates are applied, up to code 3400. After that it's day by day.

TPW is Target Production Week, and is the week that your car is planned to actually roll down the factory line. TPW is always expressed as the Monday that starts the week but really means that whole week (Mon-Fri). Your dealer can tell you what your TPW is (after you reach 3400), and lately the Volt Advisors can too. We have several reports of a TPW being assigned while the order's code was still at 3000, but you may not see it until the order has reached 3400.

Once your car has started down the assembly line (i.e. during your TPW), we've been told that the VIN will get assigned in stages as it goes down the line. The Volt Advisors should be able to see that partial VIN and thus be able to confirm that the car is moving down the line. However this has not been confirmed yet; all we've seen is the entire VIN number suddenly available. Your VIN will definitely be visible once you reach 3800.
    Last edited by ChrisC; 02-23-2011 at 06:04 PM.
    2011 Volt #284, ordered 30-Jul-2010, built 30-Nov-2010, shipped 15-Dec-2010, delivery 22-Dec-2010, lease return 22-Dec-2013, Hidden Content
    - Hidden Content
    - Hidden Content
    - do yourself a favor and register at Hidden Content immediately so you can track your Volt's performance

ChrisC - Thanks!
    Do you think that everyone who is at 3400 [like me] should also have a build week of Nov 15-19? Who provided you that build week info for your order?

My order just moved again the other day.... At 3400 now! Order history below, but I've removed 1102 and 2030 statuses as they occur intermittently in the greater process.

08/19/2010 - (1100) Order Placed at Dealership Order passed GM edit tables but dealers has not received allocation to place order
    10/18/2010 - (2000) Order Accepted by GM Dealer used allocation to place order into production
    10/19/2010 - (2500) Order Preferenced Order pulled to the production system
    10/19/2010 - (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
    11/04/2010 - (3100) Order available to sequence.
    11/04/2010 - (3300) Order Scheduled for Production Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle
    11/04/2010 - (3400) Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Paperwork Order Produced) Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together
    Hidden Content - Provide backup power to essential appliances.
    Hidden Content - Keep yourself from getting unplugged!

Join thE REVolution
    2011 Volt #186, VIN: B-00186, Cyber Gray Metallic - TRADED! 28k miles, 9k engine, 120MPG
    2013 Volt #43404, Blue Topaz Metallic

Driving for FREE with Solar PV!

I just moved to 3000.

P.S. Just for the record - I placed my deposit way before ClarksonCote. He just bugged the dealer, Frank, to enter the order the same day it was announced that it could be done - I waited a few days.

Another quick update on my status... My Volt advisor just told me that my VIN has been half created, which means it's about halfway through the assembly line. Exciting! So while paint etc. might take a little longer, it seems to have taken only about 2 days to be halfway through the line.

Join thE REVolution
    2011 Volt #186, VIN: B-00186, Cyber Gray Metallic - TRADED! 28k miles, 9k engine, 120MPG

12. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by hamchief View Post
    I just moved to 3000.

P.S. Just for the record - I placed my deposit way before ClarksonCote. He just bugged the dealer, Frank, to enter the order the same day it was announced that it could be done - I waited a few days.
    Hamchief, that's far from true. I do hope you're joking! I am sorry yours isn't further along though, but I'm sure it will be shortly. In fact, with the Job 1 ceremony delayed, it's likely we'll get our vehicles at the same time. Maybe we can go out for a drink together after we take delivery.

I emailed Frank about status a couple days before my status changed. He replied to me a week after my status changed to 3000, saying all orders were still at 1100. I don't think he's in the know with all the details.

As far as who goes first, Frank said all orders are entered in the order received, and I was no exception. Any deviation after that is due to the production cycles, what color you ordered, interior, etc. While Frank thought I "sicked Angie on him", all I really did was give Angie the dealer information that she asked me for, as she was tracking down the "Will Advise" dealers in an attempt to solve all those issues.

I'm sure yours will be moving soon though!
    Last edited by ClarksonCote; 11-05-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Join thE REVolution

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 305 FirstFirst 1 3 13 23 63 113 305 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text