GM Volt Forum banner

Is Lyle's waitlist completely dead or there is still hope ?

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Lyle 
#1 · (Edited)
My apologies if this has been covered before....

When I searched the forums, it seems Lyle's Volt waitlist was not going to be honored by GM due to whatever views that the corporates have with revenue attainment goals. It seems the current discussion is now around direct placement of deposits with local GM dealers.

While I understand that that is the current approach, what I would like to know is if Lyle's list would ever have a chance at all in the up coming months or it is truly and completely dead...

http://gm-volt.com/join-us/

Thanks in advance for the replies and opinions.

#2 ·
It was all an exercise of futility where the gm executives are on ego tripping. There will be price gouging for sure by the dealers. I will await Hyundai's erev instead because gm has no plan of seriously mass producing the Volt regardless of the known pent up demand. It is good to have other choices out there and i hope that gm executives are not stupid but the way things are headed they prove themselves to be moronic.

#4 ·
Do NOT go defeatist!

Really, everything that Lyle does speaks of quality and seriousness, follow-through to a logical conclusion. I just don't picture any of Lyle's activities as being "dead" or ineffective. I'm SURE that the list has value and that Lyle has ideas on how it can be used to make our collective desires further heard.

And about price gouging. If you just capitulate, yes you might get gouged. If you shop around you can get on a local dealer's list with a promise that it will be at MSRP (I'm on two such lists, anybody want my spot on one in Ohio?).

#5 ·
Lyle's list has been downgraded to "want list". If it makes you feel any better, GM will probably never do anything like an official pre-sales list again because they did it with the new Camaro and it was a complete fiasco. Add the complexity of the Volt that they won't even announce a date to announce making an announcement on the officially announced price, and then there's the geographical stuff that complicates things. The main problem is that the dealerships are independently owned, and honoring wait lists are probably not written into their contracts.

Lyle's list served a very fruitful purpose, and that was that it showed there are indeed a significant amount of people waiting for this car, other than that, I don't think Lyle has much pull making anything happen with it.

#6 ·
Want List Suggestions

I truly hoped the GM-Volt list could serve as an official GM reservation list, with people give the first right of refusal in the order they appeared.

Ive been pushing it to GM since 2007.

When the name was changed to Want List that was because GM asked me too and said they would not and could not use the list in any way.

Since then Ive always hoped perhaps through bankruptcy rinsing or executive churn-out someone would show up who could see the light of day and try to make it happen.

Tony DiSalle is the most recent and seemingly final Volt marketing director. He has announced the rollout process and has told me he has no ability to use/interest in the list.

Im glad to hear if anyone has suggestions as to how they think the list could be used, other than an occasional mailing list which is what it is right now.

#7 ·
Will this work for other programs related to EV - ECOtality Free chargers?

I truly hoped the GM-Volt list could serve as an official GM reservation list, with people give the first right of refusal in the order they appeared.

Ive been pushing it to GM since 2007.

When the name was changed to Want List that was because GM asked me too and said they would not and could not use the list in any way.

Since then Ive always hoped perhaps through bankruptcy rinsing or executive churn-out someone would show up who could see the light of day and try to make it happen.

Tony DiSalle is the most recent and seemingly final Volt marketing director. He has announced the rollout process and has told me he has no ability to use/interest in the list.

Im glad to hear if anyone has suggestions as to how they think the list could be used, other than an occasional mailing list which is what it is right now.
Hello Lyle,

Thank you for your efforts from years ago. It was pretty amazing how time flies....

How about proposing the list to programs such as ECOtality for the free charger in exchange for members who are willing to provide research data back to ECOtality? Your list has EV enthusiasts who can assist in research in exchange for the free charger. Obviously this is now de-coupled from the purchase of the Volt, but if you can come up with ideas to connect a purchase of a vehicle to the relevance of the list, I am sure the list will become relevant once again....

What do you think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.