Doesn't anybody other than me see huge compelling reasons for getting off of oil?
1. Cleaner breathing air.
3. Keeps the US entangled in dangerous parts of the world where the people don't like us.
4. Forces us to compromise values such as support for democracy and human rights all in pursuit of protecting our "vital interests", aka dependency on their oil.
5. Indirectly funds the terrorism economy.
6. Directly funds rouge state nuclear proliferation.
7. Transfers US wealth to the Mid East in staggering amounts for a commodity that we literally burn once purchased.
8. Facing a future where due to limited global resources we are running head long into international conflict with nuclear armed powers who's national economic bloodlines are the same increasingly limited oil supplies.
9. We'll be forced to drill and burn untapped US oil reserves that are presently the only assets we have that will be needed to pay off our building national debt. These oil assets will on day be the largest oil reserves on earth once everybody else's is depleted while increasing in value with each passing day.
10. Oil will always be needed for aviation, industrial manufacturing, etc . Its only smart not to use it for personal transportation when we have the ability to change.
Add your own.