GM Volt Forum banner

Shop Manual?

19K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  wBronze 
#1 ·
I was looking to see if they will be releasing a shop manual for the Volt. Does anyone have any leads on this?

#4 ·
#6 ·
If I get my Volt back I will buy this book. I am just trying to understand why the Dealer is having such a hard time repairing this car. It seems fairly simple to grasp.
Thanks again everyone!

#7 ·
Unless you are actually repairing your Volt, the above online link should meet your needs without costing $400.

To actually work on the Volt electrical systems without expensive tools and GM training is dangerous.

To work on the Volt software without an expensive dealer-only subscription or real hacking skills is impossible.

#8 ·
Any chance there are any new links for the shop manual? I have to replace the marker lens in the front bumper and could use some guidance.

If anyone had the PDF, and would be willing to email it to me, please private message!

thanks!

#10 · (Edited)
#14 ·
Thanks Bob, this is the real deal, 8110 pages 2012 Volt & Amphere. No index, so finding specific info is good ol page surfing.

#17 · (Edited)
Yep, PDF search is nice, any DTC, diagnostic trouble code, can be found with a word search. This is an very useful for those who like to diagnose and repair problems. I can see why service techs are highly trained and paid well and then there's all the expensive electronic test equipment.... even so, a lot can be learned from a simple OBDII adapter with DTC app like Torque.

Steverino - nothing malicious has showed up yet, I just scanned it with Norton 360 and its clean.

#16 ·
#20 ·
If you are going to put an infected PDF out on the net for nefarious reasons, it isn't going to be a service manual for a 2012 Ampera. You'd infect a file explaining Justin Bieber's strange bedroom habits.

Although I understand that PDF files can be infected so can any number of other file types we download everyday. Not just for PDFs but for your entire computer health you need to have an up to date antivirus and make sure your viewers, PDF, GIF or Excel files are up to date as well.

I've had this file locally for a year now and never had an issue. I could upload it to this server if the moderators give the okay, it is a 70 meg file after all. If you need it, go get it and save it for future use but always be cautious when downloading any file from the net.

#22 ·
Super old thread, but incase anyone stumbles across this result on google, you can pick up printed copies of the FSM or Factory Service Manual for the Volts on ebay going for several hundred bucks of course, but absolutely topped to the brim with tech data.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.