GM Volt Forum banner

Coverking Seat Covers Available in 11 Different Finishes!

10K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  swlee 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings, forum members)

This topic is about Coverking seat covers and the great choice of materials they make their products of. They are the following: Saddleblanket, Ballistic, Genuine Leather, Poly Cotton Drill, Neo Supreme, Neoprene, Spacer Mesh, Velour, Alcantara, Suede and Premium Leatherette.

You can read a detailed description of them here - Coverking - Materials to know better what to choose for your vehicle. Seat covers are an affordable and reasonable investment. Using seat covers right from the start will not only add to the visual appeal of your vehicle, but will also help retain its resale value. Seat covers are available in myriad color options to meet your taste and needs. You can get a set that will match your dash board, or order seat covers that will be the brightest part of the interior. Whether you want to cover up the past of your seats, or want to spruce up the interior, you'll easily find dozens of options here.

Feel free to ask any question on interior customizing. I will do my best to be as informative as possible.

See less See more
2 1
#3 ·
Been reading all about the seat covers and have a question. How are these able to go over the original seats and not interfere with the air bags in the seats? I saw some at wallyworld the other day and they said not to install over seats with airbags?? Would love to keep our black fabric seats from wearing out prematurely.

Mike

#4 ·
Been reading all about the seat covers and have a question. How are these able to go over the original seats and not interfere with the air bags in the seats? I saw some at wallyworld the other day and they said not to install over seats with airbags?? Would love to keep our black fabric seats from wearing out prematurely.

Mike
bump . . . (Someone please comment, because I didn't know we had airbags in the seats???)

#6 ·
About a year ago, I pinged my Volt Advisor to ask about adding front seat covers to my MY2013 (I have cloth seats, with the heated seats option). The VA checked, and responded that Chevy did not recommend seat covers as this could interfere with the sensors involved with controlling the seat heaters. This was a phone conversation, so unfortunately I don't have an email thread of this conversation to refer back to. So far, I have not added seat covers.

Has anyone else heard this from GM? Or installed seat covers, and noted if they alter the operation of heated seats?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.