Volt Chinese Competitor GAC E-JEt
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Volt Chinese Competitor GAC E-JEt

Default Volt Chinese Competitor GAC E-JEt

So here is an article on the first Volt competitor from China.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/220446/g...e-holden-volt/

Wonder how much it will cost?

Cheers.. Marty

I wonder if that 62 mile electric range will make it to production. My guess is not, since the battery has less capacity than the volt, and probably the only reason it currently is rated for 62 miles is because of weight....ie, i think production version will be heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotMac View Post
    probably the only reason it currently is rated for 62 miles is because of weight....ie, i think production version will be heavier.
    What do you base that assumption on Scotmac.. as in why the weight would be heavier in the production one..?

If they have released that range to the motoring press. .wouldn't it follow that they would want those figures to translate to the production model?

If it came to production with the looks as per the pics though ,that would be ok.

If it came to production with those good looks and those ev range figures.. and a good price, i think it would sell well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Concept cars always out perform are better looking and cheaper than a current production vehicle...until they too become a production vehicle...

So it is just as fast as the Volt, with 86% of the power, and goes 50% further on ~80% of the energy? Either it's built like an aerodynamic tin can (some Chinese cars are - they apparently have much less stringent crash standards,) or the estimates are strongly optimistic. Maybe both.
    Walter
    C4884 - White Diamond, purchased 10/15/11
    2016 Tesla X75D delivered 8/25/16

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by marty2627 View Post
    What do you base that assumption on Scotmac.. as in why the weight would be heavier in the production one..?
    Weight is almost always heavier in a production version, as compared to the concept. It is simple common sense. The concept vehicle is typically far from complete, and doesn't have to meet ANY safety specs.

Also, my reasoning is similar to sag's...ie, 50% more range on 20% less energy, as compared to the volt? Especially when the volt is already very optimized for range?? Come on!

I'm guessing they plan to use the whole 13kWh battery with no buffers at the top and bottom. I'm still not sure that is enough for their range estimate, though, and it's probably bad for battery life.

Looks good, but it dosent mention a Battery Managment System or a battery Warrenty and if they can't sell it cheeper than the Volt, it will not sell.

No Chinese car for Noel, LOL. I'll believe it when I see it. I remember getting all excited about the impending arrival of BYD in SoCal. What ever happened to that? Maybe there's enough demand In China to keep them busy. If so, good luck to them.
    B1756 "Buy American, the job you save may be your own"

12. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by saghost View Post
    So it is just as fast as the Volt, with 86% of the power, and goes 50% further on ~80% of the energy? Either it's built like an aerodynamic tin can (some Chinese cars are - they apparently have much less stringent crash standards,) or the estimates are strongly optimistic. Maybe both.
    The interesting number for me is that they claim to get 2.0l / 100km on gasoline (120 mpg US). The recently announced VW XL1 built from carbon fiber for only 2 passengers with an ultra-aerodynamic design and a custom diesel 3 cylinder engine gets the exact same consumption on Diesel.

The 100 km per charge on a 13 kWh battery is believable, by contrast. The test cycle is probably like those used for Europe and Japan where a 2013 Volt would probably get 90-100 km on 65% of a 16.5 kWh battery (a 2011 Ampera gets 83 km on 65% of a 16 kWh battery, according Europe). The XL1 was about 70-100% more efficient on EV than a Volt so getting 100 km on 65% of 13 kWh should be easy...

The first step to making sense of these numbers is to pin down which test cycles these numbers come from.
    Last edited by Jeff N; 03-18-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    The answer is 0042.

Hidden Content

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text