Better than the Cadillac CTS!
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Better than the Cadillac CTS!

Default Better than the Cadillac CTS!

My hubby drives a 2012 CTS, I have a 2013 Volt. I haven't been behind the wheel of the cadi in months until this evening. I took it to the store and was amazed at how much better I like the handling, ride, and overall feel of the Volt compared to the cadi. It seemed loose in the steering, the shifting was rough, plus no low gear (of course) so I was tapping the breaks all the time...I'm definitely spoiled by the volt!!
    (Just an observation I had to share)

Crys

Don't let the hubby drive your Volt. You may not get it back.
    2013 Crystal Red - D 2516 - Delivered 10/16/2012
    U235 Powered

OK, but don't try an ELR when they come out.
    Jerry, #536 2011 Volt in Fresno, CA

Advertisement

We have 3 vehicles, the Volt, a Cadillac SRX V8, and a grand prix. The GP is a good car, but does not hold a candle to the Volt. The SRX is a great vehicle, tons of space, AWD, navi, rear seat DVD, 3rd row seats, 6 disc changer, Bose stereo, MagneRide suspension, leather and FAST for an SUV. We were so impressed when we bought this thing. But compared to the Volt, it's a different kind of luxury. I will drive the SRX after driving the Volt for a while (like if we get a snow storm) and think to myself, this isn't a Volt but it is nice. I still like to hear that V8 from time to time. And it's like Jay Leno says, having a fuel efficient daily driver lets me enjoy a car that gets about 16-22mpg a lot more. It's the best of both worlds, pay very little for gas normally and have fun driving a V8 car from time to time. But yes, in following the thread theme, the Volt is better than our Cadillac. We keep the SRX around for towing the 4 wheeler and sleds and hauling stuff.

I have recently been seeing how fast I can push the Volt in turns. When I have my cruise set at 55-60mph, I see how close to the turn I can get before I hit the cruise cancel button, let L do its thing, and turn in. The Volt turns! I'll do a 90 degree right hander at about 35mph with the tires just starting to squeal. And I can stay in my lane easily. Yes there is body roll, but it will turn. Very impressive. Today I did a less sharp turn, say 110 degrees, at 45mph with a guy sitting at the stop sign right where I was turning right. Too easy. I wonder what he was thinking sitting there watching me coming at him. I didn't even squeal the tires. I had done that turn many times before as it is on my way to work so I had complete confidence in my vehicle and my skills. There was a vehicle behind me that was also turning and it was amazing how long it took him to slow down and make that turn.

The way I figure it, the less I slow down, the more efficient I am. And I am being completely safe, I don't break any traffic laws, I always use my blinker and I never take a turn faster than I have before with traffic around. Like the OP says, the handling of this car is great. I am impressed.

i
    -Premium Volt Tricoat white #1193

Quote Originally Posted by SharkVolt View Post
    OK, but don't try an ELR when they come out.
    My hubby tried to talk me into a Cadillac but I wanted the volt. When the lease is up we have talked about turning it in and replacing with he ELR but I'm not really a fan of 2 door vehicles (I have two teens so 2 doors don't really work for us)...we'll see when the time comes.

We have a trailblazer that we use for hauling the boat & other utility things, it used to be my everyday vehicle. I still love the height of it in traffic but cringe at how fast it uses a tank of gas!

My favorite mode in the volt is sport/low. I love the quick response for passing traffic and love that other drivers don't expect it to be so quick!

Crys

Quote Originally Posted by Michvolt View Post
    My hubby tried to talk me into a Cadillac but I wanted the volt. When the lease is up we have talked about turning it in and replacing with he ELR but I'm not really a fan of 2 door vehicles (I have two teens so 2 doors don't really work for us)...we'll see when the time comes.

We have a trailblazer that we use for hauling the boat & other utility things, it used to be my everyday vehicle. I still love the height of it in traffic but cringe at how fast it uses a tank of gas!

My favorite mode in the volt is sport/low. I love the quick response for passing traffic and love that other drivers don't expect it to be so quick!

Crys
    I can't stand two doors either . They are a pain to open the long doors in a parking lot and they look like something is missing in the back . Also , I hate having to push the seats over to add or remove a passenger . I traded my 2009 CTS on my first Volt . They are both nice , but the Volt is addictive to drive .
    2012 Volt
    2014 Volt

I have never driven a Cadillac eventhough I love the CTS coupe/sedan.

I still though tell people about the Volt, "it's such a great quality car the best I've ever had. It could have been a Cadillac but no one whats a small Cadillac so they made it a Chevy".

I don't really know first hand if its better than or as good as a Cadillac however its so good I cannot imagine the Cadillac being better.
    Last edited by anthonykitmcinnis; 03-15-2013 at 12:46 AM.

I had the same response as you did when going back to the Acura and the BMW. They are just rough and noisy and jerky, especially at low speeds. The BMW did have a lovely suspension though, and both had more back seat room for sure.

Default 2 Doors

Amazing how folks think about issues like doors .. I dont mind 4doors but like 2 doors too. 90% of the time I drive by myself ... so a wide door is easy to slide in ...when i have more passengers ..just open the door, push the front seat back ..move in and enjoy. Now I like to slide easy in my front seat .... we all become picky in life but most imp Volt saves gas and rides well.

Advertisement

I travel with my kids most of the time so doors are an issue, as well as enough room to haul their stuff around. Mornings in the volt are packed...me, two teens, two backpacks, a trombone, laptop, winter coats & gear. There is enough room but barely! Plus I drop one of my kids off then pick up two others so I have 3 kids & all their stuff on the way to school, it's cozy and dealing with two doors would be a pain in the butt.

Honestly I do like the look of 2 door cars but until I am primarily riding alone or with just one passenger I need 4. ELR might be an option for the hubby though, although he swears he doesn't like driving my car (maybe he is secretly jealous of it!).

Crys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast