GM Volt Forum banner

Intermittent Pop Coming From Right Rear Only When Stopped...Anyone else?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  analog_pal 
#1 ·
Within the last week, I have been getting an intermittent popping sound coming from the right rear of my 2013 Volt, but ONLY when stopped. My wife noticed it too. She got out of the front passenger seat and started walking to the rear of the car and she said it sounded as if she hit the car, but she was a few feet away from the rear of the car when she heard the pop. My son and I heard it and he asked me what that popping sound was.

Anyone else experience this?

#5 ·
People have reported spoiler noises in the past due to loosening - most likely is that if it sounds "up in the rear" rather than low (such as a chassis noise)

#8 ·
I had that clicking sound in the same right rear area, I don't know what it is called, but I thought it was the threaded rubber tipped peg on the hatch, I press on it and it makes that clicking sound. When I brought my Volt in for a CEL, the technician checked it out, but on the invoice he said he found a missing plug. So far I have not heard the clicking sound, so maybe it was a missing plug or he could have just screwed the peg in more so it doesn't click any more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.