myvolt.com does it take a while to start?
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: myvolt.com does it take a while to start?

Default myvolt.com does it take a while to start?

I can use myvolt.com to start my car and see the battery charge level and such.. but whenever I try and get any efficiency or mileage data it just says unable to retrieve.. is that because my car is brand new?

or is there some other setup i need to do to get that info?
    -Christopher
    2013 Cyber Metallic Gray / Jet black interior - "VivaVolte`" - all the options you could get! #27297

Quote Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
    I can use myvolt.com to start my car and see the battery charge level and such.. but whenever I try and get any efficiency or mileage data it just says unable to retrieve.. is that because my car is brand new?

-Christopher
    I have the EXACT same problem. I'm actually getting really frustrated with that, I supposedly have a ticket open with onstar about that but I haven't heard back yet and today will be the 5th business day. If I don't hear back today sometime then I'm going to be very unhappy and do what I can to escalate it. They were able to fix the problem I was having with the onstar app on my iphone but still can't seem to correct this.

Jeff
    Owner: 2013 Chevy Volt, Cyber Grey Metallic, Leather, NAV, Bose, Safety 1 & 2, Polished Wheels.

I've gotten faster response times from 1960's punched card mainframes.

Some replies here (never from OnStar or GM themselves) talk about delayed "SMS" messages.

The delays are much too long to be inherent in any technology (minutes!), so I assume they mean deliberate delays. Why would the carriers do that? Is there no performance competition or negotiation in the SMS business?

Logging on to myvolt.com, which has no wireless component until it starts to retrieve mileage data, takes 25 seconds.

Since the OnStar infrastructure is commercially available IBM software (not a deep secret), why won't GM or OnStar tell us just what's going on? There are a lot of IT experts on this board. Maybe we can help.

Advertisement

Seems like a good idea if it really worked and provided timely information. But it doesn't. Unless there is a large improvement I will not be keeping it after the initial 3 years is up.
    b2690
    Solar electric system, grid tie 7550 watts

Quote Originally Posted by ghostgs1 View Post
    Seems like a good idea if it really worked and provided timely information. But it doesn't. Unless there is a large improvement I will not be keeping it after the initial 3 years is up.
    Considering that's my only issue I'm likely to keep OnStar. I'm addicted to their help in finding my destinations and sending them to my nav unit...

Jeff
    Owner: 2013 Chevy Volt, Cyber Grey Metallic, Leather, NAV, Bose, Safety 1 & 2, Polished Wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post

-Christopher
    I had the same problem initially and called, they were to call me back in a few days..turned out to be close to 2 weeks and that was after the big outage and problems back in January. The day before they called a whole bunch of new stats showed up on my Volt-Stats "account". When the rep called me she told me they had checked and couldn't find an issue.

I think their (OnStar) right hand needs to be introduced casually or formally, whichever works, to their left hand. Just my opinion.
    '12 Volt (CU114907) Best all electric day 98.73

Quote Originally Posted by stilcrazee View Post
    I had the same problem initially and called, they were to call me back in a few days..turned out to be close to 2 weeks and that was after the big outage and problems back in January. The day before they called a whole bunch of new stats showed up on my Volt-Stats "account". When the rep called me she told me they had checked and couldn't find an issue.

I think their (OnStar) right hand needs to be introduced casually or formally, whichever works, to their left hand. Just my opinion.
    This reminds me of the days of telecom before the Internet.

We would report a circuit outage, watch telco test the line, watch them fix the line, then get a call "no trouble found". I guess it's in some companies' DNA.

I have the same issue! I have no statistics on mileage, efficiency or charges. I've had the car for 2 weeks as of Saturday, so I'm not sure if it just hasn't been long enough, or if the system is not working properly. I'm going to wait a few more days and then I'll put in a request for Onstar to look into it.
    2013 Summit White Volt - Base Model
    Level 2 Clipper Creek LCS-25 Charger
    10 kw PV Solar System

I think its blue button time next time in my Volt!.. I find from having had onStar in my past that the Blue button works much better than calling on the phone.. I also may get my Volt advisor and dealership involved too..

unfortunately companies dont seem to think forward these days...
    ie.. Blink aka ecotality.. I pretty much have 4 chargers sold for them if they would simply get me access to the charging information in a way it can be data-warehoused.. whather it be an API to their web.. a link on the device itself that can be used to snag data, etc.. yet it seems like pulling teeth... I dont imagine Blink is selling a huge amount of chargers anymore since the government grant for the program ran out.. .. I have myself and 3 others ready to buy at full price...

its not a mystery.. having torn a Blink apart it simply runs a Linux based ARM board (off the shelf with a couple mods).. and uses Python and QT.. rather simple stuff.. I told them id even write the code and GIVE it to them to pop stats by TCP/IP or via a GET to their built in web server...

so far no luck..

OnStar must know that some of us bought Volt PURELY (or close) for the technology in it.. I wasnt out looking to buy specifically a "green" car.. I looked at a couple other hybrids.. ultimately what sold me on volt was all the "GeekHead" stuff about it.. now I just want to use that stuff!!!
    -Christopher
    2013 Cyber Metallic Gray / Jet black interior - "VivaVolte`" - all the options you could get! #27297

Advertisement

This is a tad bit off topic, but it does apply to our cars: What/Who is a Volt adviser and how do I know who they are?
    2013 Summit White Volt - Base Model
    Level 2 Clipper Creek LCS-25 Charger
    10 kw PV Solar System

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text