• 15.1 - 24 cents

26 7.72%
  • 24.1-35 cents

21 6.23%
  • More than 35 cents

3 0.89%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 10 LastLast

Thread: What do you pay for electricity ?

Default What do you pay for electricity ?

Including all taxes and fees I pay 8.1 cents per kWh in our Co-op . Plans as low as 4.5 cents are available in my area . I've heard some horror stories in California , but special metering plans are available .
    2012 Volt
    2014 Volt

Yes, I can confirm California sucks. In Virginia I paid a flat rate of around $.08/hr in the winter, and about $.12/hr in the summer (Dominion Power, they were cheap!)

In Rancho Palos Verdes, CA , you need a PHD to figure it out SCE's bill. I pay 5 different tiers:

Tier 1 = $.13/KWh
    Tier 2 = $.16/KWh
    Tier 3 = $.26/KWh
    Tier 4 = $.29/KWh
    Tier 5 = $.33/KWh

The tiers are based on how many KWhs you use, and are set by a communist commission that establishes a delusional baseline allotment of KWh for each tier.

For example, last month I only used 831 KWh, and was billed $203.25. That equates to a little more than $.24/KWh.
    Last edited by Rooster; 03-09-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Con Ed in NYC metro is close to $0.25/KWh.

Advertisement

You forgot about us solar users. Generally we buy no on peak, summer rates of $0.175. We still buy some off peak, $0.055 but not very much. Our annual consumption probably totals $300 to $400, so much better than our pre solar and pre Volt consumption of well over $5000 annually.

If you take our total purchase monthly and divide it into our bill with fees and such it is about $0.07 kWh
    Diamond White #B2140 ecosister plate=SLRRYDER
    Crystal Red #C8885, Red-Rider plate=NO2OPEC
    Only 50 gallons purchased, fully charged off Solar , Keeping the utilities at bay.
    DRIVING for FREE! NO OPEC FEE!

My TED 5000 power monitoring

(Not a plug-in owner)

I voted 10-15c/kWh because the flat rate here is now 13.4c/kWh + 5% sales tax on usage over 750kWh in any monthly billing.

But I'm now on TOU (as everybody should be *thumps tub*) billing. Off peak will be 9-11.5c, peak will be 17.8-22.5c. Supply prices will vary during the year, with prices higher in times of high demand (July, August, Dec-Feb). Supply just seems to be peak/off-peak every day, distribution has a day-time shoulder and is off-peak at weekends, so weekend prices will be a weird mix. I'll probably end up paying a bit more than on a flat fee but we'll see.

Since we're on expensive oil heating I may ask my electrician friend to come and look to see whether we have somewhere we can put some electric heating that we can use at night. (There's no mains natural gas available here and there won't be for years, despite there being a big pipeline across Maine, but infrastructure is finally beginning to be built in the next city 20 miles away, initially large commercial/institutional but hopefully gradually expanding to residential and then hopefully they'll think it's worth it to make an early leap across to our city rather than just exhausting that area. So, I'm holding off before doing any systemic heating replacement.)

My rates are two tiers, 9.2 and 11.17. Depending on how many days in the billing period determines where the break point is. For example, 30 days in the billing would make the break point around 1000kwh. My rate including delivery charge and taxes is .12kwh. This does include an optional Blue Sky program charge which guarantees 100% offset by wind, solar or biomass. In my mind this is a cheaper way to go than putting up my own solar panels. The blue sky charge is .01 per kwh.

I've had my volt since Jan. 15, 2013. When I figured out how much my bill went up charging the volt very day, from one month to the next, it when up 71 cents a day!

Love this car!

If you live in Houston or Dallas, check out My Best Plan, LLC. I have a been a customer for a couple of years now and they proactively keep me on the cheapest plans available given my actual historical usage. I paid 4.7c/kWh last month which is ridiculous. I almost hate them for getting my rates so low since it make the cost benefit analysis on my new solar installation look much worse!
    Steve Martin

2014 Black Volt delivered 4/26/14 charged with Ecotality Project Blink EVSE
    2012 White Diamond Tricoat Volt delivered 6/29/12 charge with Ecotality Project Blink EVSE
    2012 Cayenne Red Leaf delivered 3/29/12 charge with eVgo/Aerovironment EVSE
    6kW Solar array

This is the Rate Schedule that we're currently under.

When we installed our array, the portion that speaks to "Minimum Bill" was modified in our net-metering agreement. I now receive a credit for any over-production, not to exceed the Service Availability Charge - I can't have a bill less than $0.00. If my credit exceeds that charge, the excess is deferred to the next month's billing cycle - and so on...

My last bill was for about half of the SAC with a credit for next month that exceeds the SAC.
    Norm

Status - Build-date Sep 2012
    Status - Delivery date 16 Nov 2012
    D13751 -VoltStats
    Solar-Powered
    Ham Radio-KA5AWP
    Volt Emergency Power Wiring Kit

Default SDG&E San Diego EV-TOU2

Peak is extended an hour starting tomorrow for a month for SDG&E customers.

.29 / kwh at tier 4 or
    .16 / kwh for me, blended using EV-TOU2 (off peak=.16/kwh, super off-peak = .14/kwh, peak = .26 kwh(7 days))
    D-20416 “Joulia” Viridian Joule, Pebble Beige, Nav/Bose/Safety 1 & 2 My Volt Stats TFM
    Born on 11/12/12, Hamtramck, MI | Arrived at dealer 12/19/12 Los Angeles, CA | Adopted 12/21/12 San Diego, CA
    Stablemate: 1976 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible "Mary" #8706 of the last 14,000 | Innsbruck Blue Metallic/White My Eldo Stats: 8 City/11 Highway

Advertisement

Here in Huntsville AL we pay a flat .09 per kwh. No off peak rates, but who can complain. I figured that the cost of charging my volt runs about $12 per month.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 10 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text