Favorite Quotes (BS) From EESTOR/Zenn Story
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Quotes (BS) From EESTOR/Zenn Story

Default Favorite Quotes (BS) From EESTOR/Zenn Story

Dick Weir/EESCAM

"We're 85% completed on our first production line. Which is a modular concept. And so when this is done, it is full production." June 2009 Link

"As we stated in the beginning of 2008, properly funded EEStor, Inc. would anticipate in being in production status late in 2008.
    The funding that we did receive was not sufficient to meet the production status late in 2008 but as identified by our last news release, EEStor, Inc. has made excellent progress with that level of funding." October 27th, 2008 Link

"There's nothing complex in this,"..."It's nowhere near the complexity of disk-drive fabrication." August 05, 2008 Link

"Prototypes have been built and prototypes have been tested." Wednesday, July 30, 2008 Link

"It certainly allows us to meet present specifications and major advances in energy storage in the future," he said. "It'll meet the voltage, we say that, it'll meet the polarization, saturation, we say that."
    "It's all certified," said Weir. "No bull**** in this." "Good things should happen in a reasonable period of time." July 30, 2008 Link

"The first commercial application of the EESU is intended to be used in electric vehicles under a technology agreement with ZENN Motors Company. EEStor, Inc. remains on track to begin shipping production 15 kilowatt-hour Electrical Energy Storage Units (EESU) to ZENN Motor Company in 2007 for use in their electric vehicles."
    "We are very proud of the key advancements we have made over the past year"..."We have built a state-of-the-art facility and have exceptional personnel on board." 01/17/07 Link

"EEStor recently informed FGC that it continues on schedule in the commercialization of the ESU. FGC is up to date and current with its commitments to EEStor Inc. with the next milestone consisting of independent 3rd party verification of EEStor’s technology, expected during the summer of 2006." 14 April 2006 Link

"We have another major announcement for May. But seeing is believing!” March 29th, 2006 Link

"A number of major companies have said they would issue a purchase order quickly if specs are met.
    The company is currently seeking equity investment of $3.5 million. A business plan is available." Wed, 05 May 2004 Link

Ian Clifford/Zenn/Feel Good Car

“[ZENN president Ian Clifford] He is confident that EEStor will pull the wraps of their mysterious "battery" very soon; his exact word was "imminent" and that I could, in fact, hold my breath for their announcement. "(Bill Moore, EV World, November 29, 2006) Link

EESTOR "to deliver production units, the end of calendar 07, they appear to be on track with that" from Ian Clifford's mouth. YOUTUBE video September 2007 Link

"Do you guys have any working prototype vehicles?"
    "No. Our expectation from EEStor and that’s always been our expectation is that they will deliver a commercial product to us. They will deliver and what they’ve told us is by the end of this calendar year was delivery of an early production commercial unit."
    "We’ve stated that if EEStor stays on schedule to deliver early commercial units to us by the end of 2008 that we will have a fully certified highway vehicle powered by EEStor at the end of 09." June 1st, 2008 Link

I checked in with Mr. Clifford regarding this new report on the timing of the public release of EEStor’s testing. Whereas he couldn’t be specific, he confirmed the release is indeed "imminent." June 27th, 2008 Link

“I don’t use words like ‘imminent’ anymore,” says Clifford. January 2009 Link

"The following milestone is delivery of a production prototype unit for a car and that's late next year."-"Now, in Austin, Texas, they have a state-of-the-art production facility that's ready to deliver production units in 2009." Friday, May. 15, 2009 Link

“the timeline for the delivery of an EESU is entirely within the purview of EEStor and as such I cannot comment on delivery timelines. I will restate that ZENN remain confident in the launch of an EEStor EESU (electrical energy storage unit) powered cityZENN by the last quarter of 2009.” December 21st, 2008 Link

“I firmly believe that 2009 will be the year that the automotive industry changes forever — and not just because of the current economic turmoil we are all familiar with, but led by the commercialization of disruptive zero-emission automotive solutions by ZMC.” December 24th, 2008 Link

"we've seen this product with our own eyes." April 16, 2008 Link

"Zenn's Clifford, who said he's asked daily about the current status of EEStor, said his company is in regular contact with the energy storage developer and makes frequent visits down to EEStor's production facility in Cedar Park, an Austin suburb." "To be very clear, this is not a lab that they are building. It is a full, state of the art production facility that is nearing completion, and we remain very pleased with their progress." March 31, 2008 Link

"EEStor's game-changing energy storage technology is in the advanced stages of commercialization", stated Ian Clifford, Chief Executive Officer. "EEStor has publicly committed to commercialization in 2008 and their first production line will be used to supply ZENN Motor Company." Mar 28, 2008 Link

Clifford said FGC is partnering with international manufacturers to build the ZENN, with the capacity to ramp up to an annual production of 10,000 ZENNs within a six-month period. “Unlike other LSV manufacturers that produce their vehicles as a mere sideline to their more traditional automotive businesses, we’re dedicating our careers to the advancement of neighborhood electric vehicles,” Clifford said. Dec. 11, 2002 Link

"I got a call from Dick Weir late in 2002 and he was at the point where he and his partner Carl Nelson were getting ready to commercialize the technology that they had developed 10 years previously." June 1st, 2008 Link

Tom Weir/EESCAM

"Our objective is to complete component testing by September 2009. In parallel, we will be finalizing our second objective which consists of the assembly processes necessary to deliver production quality components and/or EESU's by the end of 2009. " May 29, 2009 Link
    Last edited by Anto; 09-05-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Anto, I like your idea for this thread. Perhaps if you get more quotes you can just edit your top post. Maybe just put the date you made the update on line one and keep your list current and correct (only you can make the changes).

I believe that this EEstor / EEscam story will become a popular case study for future MBA programs. No doubt about it, whether they succeed or fail. It has all the ingredients and intrigue to become a great learning example for future leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    Anto, I like your idea for this thread. Perhaps if you get more quotes you can just edit your top post. Maybe just put the date you made the update on line one and keep your list current and correct (only you can make the changes).
    Certainly!

Advertisement

The last Ian Clifford quote I added was from Dr. Lyle's interview of Ian from a year ago, June 1, 2008. If you are reading this and interested in this EESCAM saga, I recommend rereading the entire interview. You can see how ridiculous some of Ian's answers are.

If you believe what comes out of Ian's mouth, ("I got a call from Dick Weir late in 2002 and he was at the point where he and his partner Carl Nelson were getting ready to commercialize the technology that they had developed 10 years previously.") than this EESCAM story must be at least 18 years old. Cold fusion has beat EESCAM by 2 years.

Today's quote, “I don’t use words like ‘imminent’ anymore,” says Clifford," is from an article in the Toronto Life titled "Zenn and the Art of the Electric Car".

I cannot believe how a majority of reporters, journalists, and bloggers who write about the EESCAM/Zenn story are bunch of idiots. Instead of asking Ian Clifford to show them one working prototype of this ceramic battery which Dick Weir claims has been tested, built, and certified, they for some reason kiss Ian's behind. An example is the following comment the reporter made in the Toronto life article:

"He can afford to be sanguine. His initial objective was simply to goad the big car companies into making electric cars, and whether ZENN succeeds or not, that goal will have been achieved. Although he’s an entrepreneur, Clifford’s primary motivation isn’t money. And this may turn out to be his biggest asset; it’s why he and his partners were willing to launch an electric vehicle company when everybody else was pulling out. Finally, eight years later, he’s about to find out whether slow and steady can still win the race."

WTF is this person talking about??? IC goaded the big car companies into making electric cars??? This reporter must have banged his head on something or maybe he is the blogger with the bag over his head. Why doesn't he just nominate Ian Clifford for the Nobel Peace Prize in solving all the world problems?
    Last edited by Anto; 06-05-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Evidently Ian Clifford started using the word "imminent" in 2006.
    I hope Mr. Bill Moore did not hold his breath to long .
    Last edited by Anto; 06-08-2009 at 01:52 PM.

This Ian Clifford makes no sense. The 2 IC quotes I added today came from "The Globe and Mail" Friday, May. 15, 2009:
    "The following milestone is delivery of a production prototype unit for a car and that's late next year."-"Now, in Austin, Texas, they have a state-of-the-art production facility that's ready to deliver production units in 2009." Isn't normal procedure to deliver production prototype units first, then deliver production units? I could see why EESTor/Zenn are screwed up...they do things backwards .
    Last edited by Anto; 06-18-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anto View Post
    This Ian Clifford makes no sense. The 2 IC quotes I added today came from "The Globe and Mail" Friday, May. 15, 2009:
    "The following milestone is delivery of a production prototype unit for a car and that's late next year."-"Now, in Austin, Texas, they have a state-of-the-art production facility that's ready to deliver production units in 2009." Isn't normal procedure to deliver production prototype units first, then deliver production units? I could see why EESTor/Zenn are screwed up...they do things backwards .

Is that really what he said? lol. Do you have the reference for that? Maybe he hopes he can then say that he said the date was planned for the end of 2010, right after the Volt hits the showroom floors. lol

Regardless, we will be hearing a grand excuse coming soon because there are only 6 months until the end of the year. Maybe we should start a betting pool to see what week the excuse will be announced. I'm betting the first week of October (just took a wild guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    Is that really what he said? lol. Do you have the reference for that? Maybe he hopes he can then say that he said the date was planned for the end of 2010, right after the Volt hits the showroom floors. lol

Regardless, we will be hearing a grand excuse coming soon because there are only 6 months until the end of the year. Maybe we should start a betting pool to see what week the excuse will be announced. I'm betting the first week of October (just took a wild guess).
    Link

The following is the Q and A:

"Can you show me one of these or show an investor one of these even if it doesn't power a car but maybe an electric can opener?
    No. Because of the way our agreement is structured with EEStor, it's all milestone-based and the next milestone is a chemical milestone with third-party verification of the science.
    The following milestone is delivery of a production prototype unit for a car and that's late next year."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You found them in 2002 and you still can't show me an example of what they do. Are they years late?
    They're not years late.
    Everyone keeps saying that. But they developed the technology about 12 years ago — that's when they did the patent work and the lab work. But they didn't have a facility until 2006.
    Now, in Austin, Texas, they have a state-of-the-art production facility that's ready to deliver production units in 2009.
    They've gone from a standing start to production in a three-year period. It's pretty extraordinary."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Did I miss a press release? "standing start to production in a three-year period"...what "production" is Ian talking about. Didn't he read Baghead Brendan's interview with Tom Weir stating EESTOR is currently performing "component testing"? EESCAM has not produced anything as of today. Nothing extraordinary, just the usual hype and wait till end of year BS.

BTW-There are links to all the quotes on the first post on this thread. Click on the "Link" after quote.
    Last edited by Anto; 06-18-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Advertisement

The quote I added today by Dick Weir makes no sense (bizarre). How could a company that has a product (EESU) which is going to revolutionize the transportation industry and break our dependence on foreign oil not have sufficient funding???
    What also does not make sense is why didn't Mort Topfer the billionaire who sat on the BOD of EESTOR sufficiently fund EESTOR himself??? What's 10 million dollars to a billionaire??? If you believe all the crap about EESTOR, it would have become a multi billion dollar company. Could it be Mort Topfer realized what "they" were claiming is not what "they" claimed to have, and that is the real reason why he left EESTOR 3 months ago???
    This whole EESTORY stinks. Does anyone want to purchase the Brooklyn Bridge .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "As we stated in the beginning of 2008, properly funded EEStor, Inc. would anticipate in being in production status late in 2008.
    The funding that we did receive was not sufficient to meet the production status late in 2008 but as identified by our last news release, EEStor, Inc. has made excellent progress with that level of funding." October 27th, 2008 Link
    Last edited by Anto; 06-20-2009 at 12:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text