The right deal in SoCal
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: The right deal in SoCal

In march 2104, we bought our 2014 from Rydell. We got $4500 off MSRP, with NO dealer add-ons and 48 month loan at zero interest. They treated us great throughout the shopping/buying transaction. I'd drive down again, if I got the run-a-round, up here.
    GOD Bless America!

2014 VOLT Black/Pebble Leather, Pac 1, Premium trim
    2016 Chevrolet CRUZE LT

2- 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS's

1995 Buick Roadmaster sedan
    1988 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
    2000 Ford Excursion 4x4 Diesel
    1979 Pontiac "Bandit" Trans Am
    1986 Ford F250 4x4 6.9 Diesel

BACK TO THE THREAD
    I visited the dealer yesterday to see the candidate car. Both confidence packs, ACC, 2-tone leather that looks great.

The deal is $39k including tax/license, 0 down, 0% interest for 60 months, no trade-in, resulting in an initial $650/month (which we can afford), and $9,000 in rebates. That car is packed with a few things that we do not want or need, such as rubber floor mats (San Diego?), but is otherwise just fine. That dealer did not offer GM's discount for military (reported by friends), however, so I'm looking into that today.

Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields

Quote Originally Posted by notaguru View Post
    BACK TO THE THREAD
    I visited the dealer yesterday to see the candidate car. Both confidence packs, ACC, 2-tone leather that looks great.

The deal is $39k including tax/license, 0 down, 0% interest for 60 months, no trade-in, resulting in an initial $650/month (which we can afford), and $9,000 in rebates. That car is packed with a few things that we do not want or need, such as rubber floor mats (San Diego?), but is otherwise just fine. That dealer did not offer GM's discount for military (reported by friends), however, so I'm looking into that today.
    $650 per month seems awefully high for any car. Alas the rebates should offset a big chunk of that. Though I prefer the 100% down, 0%, $0 per month payment plan. I know, you can make some interest on the 0% by investing what you would have spent, but it's a matter of principle to me. Not owing anything to anybody and not worrying about a fortclosure or repossession has some value.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

BACK TO THE THREAD

That's a fair deal and the same price I paid for my car with the same packages. Paying that amount over 60 months with no interest is an added bonus.
    2nd Gen Volt, Build Date 8/16

Since that's including tax and license I do believe that is a good deal for purchase.

Notaguru, one other thing to check is that as far as I know and I am not a tax preparer, the Federal $7500 tax credit is a credit upon taxes owed. If you don't have at least $7500 in Federal tax liability now that you are most likely retired, do you still get that full credit? I believe if you do not have the liability, you lose what you cannot use. The California $1500 rebate is just a check mailed to you.

If you do not have the liability, you might want to look into the lease instead, as the bank will apply around $7000 of the credit to the value of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by chadrockey View Post
    Since that's including tax and license I do believe that is a good deal for purchase.

Notaguru, one other thing to check is that as far as I know and I am not a tax preparer, the Federal $7500 tax credit is a credit upon taxes owed. If you don't have at least $7500 in Federal tax liability now that you are most likely retired, do you still get that full credit? I believe if you do not have the liability, you lose what you cannot use. The California $1500 rebate is just a check mailed to you.

If you do not have the liability, you might want to look into the lease instead, as the bank will apply around $7000 of the credit to the value of the car.
    Tax liability is very easy to fix. Just withdraw More out of the retirement nest egg and that creates a tax liability. Even if you sock that money in an non-retirement investment, you're better off getting that $7500 tax credit than keeping that money in the retirement account.

"what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?

Settled on a '17 Volt Premier loaded with every possible goodie including ACC, both confidence packs, charge port lighting, auto-parking, brandy interior, mats, etc. etc. (omitting the anti-traffic levitation system pending FAA approval). Including tax, license, transport, prep, and all fees, total zero down price was under $39k, financed at ZERO percent for 60 months. We should get $9k worth of tax credit and rebate, making the net $30k. I'm satisfied.

Dealer offered to trade-in my 2012 Volt (loaded and 66.5k miles) - but we will sell it privately at $9.5k. It should be a great deal for someone...

I prefer a visit to the dentist... but the deal is done! Thanks to those here who contributed to the process.

Settled on a '17 Volt Premier loaded with every possible goodie including ACC, both confidence packs, charge port lighting, auto-parking, brandy interior, mats, etc. etc. (omitting the anti-traffic levitation system pending FAA approval). Including tax, license, transport, prep, and all fees, total zero down price was under $39k, financed at ZERO percent for 60 months. We should get $9k worth of tax credit and rebate, making the net $30k. I'm satisfied.

Dealer offered to trade-in my 2012 Volt (loaded and 66.5k miles) - but we will sell it privately at $9.5k. It should be a great deal for someone...

I prefer a visit to the dentist... but the deal is done! Thanks to those here who contributed to the process.
    Congrats. As much as you hate haggling with dealerships, hopefully your prediction comes true and this is your last car as you drive this volt forever

I'm sure they treated you right at Weseloh. I had a good experience with them, both the associate and sales manager.

More importantly, the transaction (a well researched and executed one, including that financing!) is done, and now you can enjoy your new Volt! I know you have some work to do my man, got to get that handle apparatus figured out to keep a happy life. Good luck and let us know how you come out with that.
    2nd Gen Volt, Build Date 8/16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text