GM Volt Forum banner

Arlington Plant Expansion

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ladogaboy 
#1 ·
I've seen a number of stories circulating about GM expanding its Arlington Plant. Given the rumors of their next EREV being a full-size SUV, I started to wonder if that isn't where some of the money is going. Every article I read has not been specific, and they usually reference general terms like "expansion" and "modernization." But I haven't heard anything about EVs specifically. Does anyone else have any information on this? Theories?

So far, it seems like all GM's EV efforts have been closer to home in Michigan.

Arlington Plant Expansion

#2 · (Edited)
Voltec Subyukonade!!! Voltec Subyukonade!!! Voltec Subyukonade!!!! (Please, please, please, pretty please with sugar on top). Give it 70 miles of EV range and I could jettison the rest of the fleet, make this my daily driver, and buy my wife her dream SL coupe. (she barely drives 1000 miles a year).

Strike that... Voltec Subyukonaderado!! Voltec Subyukonaderado!! Voltec Subyukonaderado!! (I now kind of want a pickup bed... it's Mister Dave's fault).

#3 ·
Sorry...this is just a transfer of PARTS manufacturing from Mexico to Arlington, TX... The supplier park will have two industrial manufacturing and warehouse buildings. Covering over 1.2 million square feet, GM said the operation will have 1,250 total employees; roughly 600 of the new positions created will replace work currently done outside of the U.S., according to a statement.

#4 ·
No SL for my wife. She'll be mad about that.

So if Trump doesn't hurry up and build that wall, the employees who lost their jobs in Mexico will just jump across the border and fill those 600 new positions, at a much higher pay rate. How funny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.