Arlington Plant Expansion
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arlington Plant Expansion

Default Arlington Plant Expansion

I've seen a number of stories circulating about GM expanding its Arlington Plant. Given the rumors of their next EREV being a full-size SUV, I started to wonder if that isn't where some of the money is going. Every article I read has not been specific, and they usually reference general terms like "expansion" and "modernization." But I haven't heard anything about EVs specifically. Does anyone else have any information on this? Theories?

So far, it seems like all GM's EV efforts have been closer to home in Michigan.

Arlington Plant Expansion

Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields

Voltec Subyukonade!!! Voltec Subyukonade!!! Voltec Subyukonade!!!! (Please, please, please, pretty please with sugar on top). Give it 70 miles of EV range and I could jettison the rest of the fleet, make this my daily driver, and buy my wife her dream SL coupe. (she barely drives 1000 miles a year).

Strike that... Voltec Subyukonaderado!! Voltec Subyukonaderado!! Voltec Subyukonaderado!! (I now kind of want a pickup bed... it's Mister Dave's fault).
    Last edited by llninja; 1 Week Ago at 11:24 AM.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

Sorry...this is just a transfer of PARTS manufacturing from Mexico to Arlington, TX... The supplier park will have two industrial manufacturing and warehouse buildings. Covering over 1.2 million square feet, GM said the operation will have 1,250 total employees; roughly 600 of the new positions created will replace work currently done outside of the U.S., according to a statement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields

Quote Originally Posted by Upper5Percent View Post
    Sorry...this is just a transfer of PARTS manufacturing from Mexico to Arlington, TX... The supplier park will have two industrial manufacturing and warehouse buildings. Covering over 1.2 million square feet, GM said the operation will have 1,250 total employees; roughly 600 of the new positions created will replace work currently done outside of the U.S., according to a statement.
    No SL for my wife. She'll be mad about that.

So if Trump doesn't hurry up and build that wall, the employees who lost their jobs in Mexico will just jump across the border and fill those 600 new positions, at a much higher pay rate. How funny.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

Quote Originally Posted by Upper5Percent View Post
    Bummer. I was really hoping that some of the $1.4b they were putting into the Arlington plant was retooling for future EV/PHEVs.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text