Happy Father's Day everyone
Grab our Forum Feed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Father's Day everyone

Fighting Illini country surrounded by bean fields

Default Happy Father's Day everyone

May your gifts be automotive and all your worries and fears get resolved.

My family is currently on a month-long trip of a lifetime campervanning across Europe while I'm at home bacheloring it to bring home the bacon. But this is my chance to work on projects that I want to work on without scrutiny or interruption. If only it would stop raining so I wouldn't have to mow so much...

Happy Father's Day.
    LLninja (greenback troll #1)
    2013 Volt G1 white diamond tricoat

If I can get the guy in the mirror under control I can be skinny and rich.
    If you don't have the money, don't buy it. Debt is hazardous to your wealth
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by doctorq Hidden Content
    "what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?
    R:IQ $2.2M, at $1.7M proj $4.8M

Happy Father's Day to you and all fathers out there. We are not experiencing rain but a mini heat wave. Temp is using 90F or so. Going to SF to meet grandkids returning from the UK with their parents. Hope to escape the heat by staying in SF for a week.

My Volt is full of petrol. The first time since I purchased the car in 2015. Planning a trip to near Sacramento, where I may not have an opportunity to charge.
    2016 Volt Premier, Heather Gray, NAV, safety packages 1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by linkim View Post
    Happy Father's Day to you and all fathers out there. We are not experiencing rain but a mini heat wave. Temp is using 90F or so. Going to SF to meet grandkids returning from the UK with their parents. Hope to escape the heat by staying in SF for a week.

My Volt is full of petrol. The first time since I purchased the car in 2015. Planning a trip to near Sacramento, where I may not have an opportunity to charge.
    I thought I heard that the drought that Cali suffered over the past few years was over, that you had lots of rain this spring with even a danger of some reservoir overflowing in one of the areas.

"what kind of mental problem do you have? you should really get yourself checked out, are you on any type of psychotropic medications?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GM-Volt.com
    Advertisements

5. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by llninja View Post
    I thought I heard that the drought that Cali suffered over the past few years was over, that you had lots of rain this spring with even a danger of some reservoir overflowing in one of the areas.
    The Governor has officially declared the drought is over in most parts of the state, including the SF Bay Area.The heavy rain and the need to release water because some dams were filling too quickly has resulted in problems. The biggest disaster financially may be the degradation of the spillway at the Oroville Dam. IIRC, the cost to fix will be in the order of 0.5B$. Meanwhile we continue to use our frugal ways to conserve water but did start to water the lawn a bit. Haven't seen green grass for a while. Now I need to wash the Volt, which has not been washed at a commercial carwash since I purchased the vehicle.
    2016 Volt Premier, Heather Gray, NAV, safety packages 1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by linkim View Post
    The Governor has officially declared the drought is over in most parts of the state, including the SF Bay Area.The heavy rain and the need to release water because some dams were filling too quickly has resulted in problems. The biggest disaster financially may be the degradation of the spillway at the Oroville Dam. IIRC, the cost to fix will be in the order of 0.5B$. Meanwhile we continue to use our frugal ways to conserve water but did start to water the lawn a bit. Haven't seen green grass for a while. Now I need to wash the Volt, which has not been washed at a commercial carwash since I purchased the vehicle.
    I'm guessing the fact the drought is over will have much more of a positive effect on the economy than that $0.5B expense. But it might mean higher taxes.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert LinkInsert ImageInsert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text